Expert Intrusion Protection Specialist*
- Job Title
- Expert Intrusion Protection Specialist*
- Job ID
- Baltimore, MD
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Expert Intrusion Protection Specialist
REPORTS TO: VP, Technology and Network Solutions
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS FOR A PROPOSAL
Applicant must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of Intrusion Protection. As the Expert Intrusion Protection Specialist, the candidate is expected to elevate their skillset and assist the team with implementation of best-practice standards.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs computer systems security risk analysis and assessment.
• Analyzes and defines security requirements.
• Design, develop, deploy and determine monitoring strategies for infrastructure components such as: Enterprise Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Advanced threat detection, SIEM, DMZ, VPN, Load Balancers, Network Infrastructure etc.
• Provides written reports documenting findings, corrective action and implementation plans.
• Expert knowledge of computer systems intrusion detection tools and techniques, computer systems penetration tools and techniques and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) intrusion detection products such as CISCO NetRanger, Internet Security Scanners (ISS), Real Security or Axent Intruder Alert.
• Lead the response, triage and escalation of security events affecting information assets and activities.
• Experience performing malware analysis (and reverse engineering), network forensics, endpoint protection, and scripting.
• Provide expert level thought leadership and guidance on intelligence/analytics research to build the necessary controls and infrastructure to provide automated and proactive detection and prevention.
• Strong troubleshooting skills in complex communication and network environments, with a working knowledge of government security standards (e.g., Risk Management Framework, NIST 800-171, DISA STIGs, DSS ODAA Process Manual, etc.).
• Able to provide forensic analysis of system infrastructure such as network packet captures, DNS, proxy, Netflow, malware, application logs, as well as logs from various types of security sensors.
• Experience converting intelligence into actionable mitigation and technical control recommendations.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Clearance : Ability to Obtain a Public Trust Level 5. (U.S.Citizenship required).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Computer Science or technology related field preferred.
- Ten years or more of relevant experience.
- Certifications : Relevant Computing Certifications such as GCIH, CEH, CISSP etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in complex communication and network environments, with a working knowledge of government security standards (e.g., Risk Management Framework, NIST 800-171, DISA STIGs, DSS ODAA Process Manual, etc.).
- Must have excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, able to work with in a team to gain and share experience and knowledge.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: