Xenia Systems is currently hiring for a variety of opportunities. Please see our open positions below and apply for those opportunities that are interest. If you do not see a position matching your skill sets, please feel free to send your resume to Jobs@XeniaSystems.com
Contract Specialist (Closeouts)
- Job Title
- Contract Specialist (Closeouts)
- Job ID
- Kings Point, NY 11024
- Other Location
Xenia Systems, LLC, a growing service provider, is seeking a Contract Close-Out Specialist to support the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, NY. This is a 12-month assignment that will begin on or around March 2018. Interested parties should submit their resumes as soon as possible for consideration.
The Contract Specialist will support the Academy’s Procurement Department will close-out contracts and purchase orders in accordance with FAR 4.804 and agency policies and procedures. Day-to-day work activities will be client directed.
In this role, the Close-Out Specialist will:
- Provide contract closeout support services for all contract types.
- Confirm award is physically complete and outstanding contract administration issues are resolved. Resolve outstanding claims and other issues.
- Confirm payment of all invoices.
- Obtain vendor release forms.
- Complete contract file.
- Close out the contract in the contract writing system (DP2).
- Track contract funding status to identify excess funds to be de-obligated.
- Ensure the de-obligation of any remaining funds and reconciliation with the financial system.
- Prepare contract modifications and supporting documentation.
- Maintain list of contract closeout status.
- Assist regular office staff in the everyday duties of the office.
- Receive and redirect all incoming telephone calls to the correct members of the department, or forward calls to proper individuals outside the department.
- Occasionally check and log all requisitions in the Procurement Writing System (DP2) and assign accordingly.
- Must be proficient and articulate in English to effectively handle telephone calls and walk-in business.
- Must have experience with some Microsoft Products (i.e., Works, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook E-mail).
- On occasion, work outside of the normal work shift may be necessary, but will not include overtime.
- Basic contract closeout experience (1-3 years).
- Demonstrated experience of FAR regulations.
- Microsoft standard applications (Office, Operating Systems, Outlook, etc.).
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.