- Job Title
- Sr. Buyer
- Job ID
- Verona, VA 24482
- Other Location
Our customer is a leader in technologically advanced HVAC equipment, Energy Management, and service support. In this role you will be responsible for purchasing and distributing materials, equipment and supplies to satisfy inventory requirements while meeting costing, quality and on-time delivery objectives and measures. You will also provide training and technical assistance to others in Buyer I/II roles. This is a direct hire position in Staunton, VA.
- Ensures that company standard procedures are followed in connection with purchases of material and services.
- Analyzes market conditions and trends; explores sources of supply; processes requests for all products and commodities.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and requisitions
- Secures price advantages of quantity buying
- Composes and edits bid quotations; analyzes bids received
- Prepares and monitors contracts
- Outlining performance standards, tolerances, warranties and maintenance requirements within the Purchasing Department
- Follows up and maintains current and accurate database information, vendor lead times, open purchases, commitments and shortages.
- Updates and maintains inventory maintenance within the software system.
- Maintains data, prepares reports and analyzes information using available software in decision-making.
- Studies products usage; determines vendor from whom purchases will be made; places orders; negotiates and renews contracts; investigates complaints and secures adjustments.
- Resolves vendor quality issues and tracks and documents results and vendor performance. Initiates quality programs that benefit vendor relationships while improving the quality for customer.
- Provides technical support and conducts training for staff. Mentors and provides guidance to Buyers I and II.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Administrative, Business, Liberal Arts or Social Sciences)
- 5 – 7+ years of applicable experience in a purchasing / buyer capacity
- Experience in inventory maintenance
- Knowledge of Inventory software, database software, Microsoft word processing software and Excel spreadsheet software as well as Outlook and Internet skills.
For immediate consideration, apply online or email Lisa.Lindemann@nerinc.com