Production Planner Scheduler
- Job Title
- Production Planner Scheduler
- Job ID
- Verona, VA 24482
- Other Location
Production Planner Scheduler III
Our customer is a leader in technologically advanced HVAC equipment, Energy Management, and service support. In this role you will plans and prepare production schedules considering requirements of the customer and capabilities and resources of the manufacturing system by performing planning, scheduling and workflow related duties. This is a direct hire position in Staunton, VA.
- Develops and maintains master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of assigned operations to meet shipping dates according to customer orders.
- Plans and schedules workflow for manufacturing operations according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Collaborates with Production management to plan sequence of fabrication, assembly, and other manufacturing operations.
- Develop forecasts, estimates and schedules and confers with management regarding schedules of goods in process and needs for future orders.
- Analyzes inventory reports, surplus stock lists, production specifications, and plant capacity data and confers with production management and purchasing to initiate corrective measures to restore satisfactory inventory balance.
- Anticipates and expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares inventory and production reports. Maintains records of in-house and on-order material.
- Prepares materials and supplies purchase orders, analyzes quotes and expedites deliveries and shipments.
- Obtains materials from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with quality standards, reliability of source, and considering the urgency of needs for the materials.
- Processes change orders, notifies vendors of material and quantity requirement revisions, contacts vendors regarding rate adjustments and to resolve materials issues
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- 3-5+ years related experience in a production planning capacity
- Understanding of production operations and ability to plan sequence of fabrication, assembly, and other manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Inventory software and Order processing systems. Oracle experience preferred.
For immediate consideration, apply online or email resume to Lisa.Lindemann@nerinc.com