Prototype Build Technician (6 Month Contract)
- Job Title
- Prototype Build Technician (6 Month Contract)
- Job ID
- Northville, MI 48167
- Other Location
Excellent Opportunity to work with a leader in thermal technology, specializing in design, development, and manufacturing of heating, cooling, and ventilating devices for diverse global markets. This role will provide a 6 month contract opportunity and great hands on work experience in a state of the art testing facility with a global tier 1 automotive supplier located in Farmington hills.
Position Summary :
The Prototype Shop Technician works with our Engineering and Product Development teams to build high-quality Seat testing equipment/ Manikins.
Responsible for the shop facility as well as scheduling, prioritizing, and fabricating pending prototypes.
Help the Engineering department bring new products to the market and support our customer’s needs through customization and support of existing prototypes
responsible for from scratch prototype build from early concept phase to custom options of existing test Manikins.Opportunity to fabricate, assemble, and wire prototype Manikins.
- Experience with reading schematics
- Experience with basic shop tools ( band saws, Pan and brake, Shears, Drill presses, Manual mills, Schematics, Wiring, Table saws, Tig welder, General hand tools etc.) plastic and metalworking tools/ equipment
- Assembly experience (adhesive assembly, nuts & bolts)
- Basic electrical circuit knowledge
- Detail and diverse project experience
Technical Degree with 2+ years of applicable prototype shop experience preferred.