Manufacturing Engineer II
- Job Title
- Manufacturing Engineer II
- Job ID
- Verona, VA 24482
- Other Location
Manufacturing Engineer II – Direct Hire, VA
Our customer is a leader in technologically advanced HVAC equipment, Energy Management, and service support. They are growing and seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to evaluate, develop and improve manufacturing processes to support plant management with their production facilities and equipment issues. This is a direct hire position in Staunton, VA.
- Provides manufacturing engineering expertise and working collaboratively on manufacturing processes. Participates in continuous improvement/cost down events
- Support Manufacturing floor activities, troubleshoot manufacturing issues and keep manufacturing line productive including CNC programming
- Utilizes work measurement tools to analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization. Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Analyzes operational data such as work force utilization, facility layout, and workflow to design layout of equipment and workspace following lean manufacturing principles for maximum effectiveness of workers and equipment. Ensures manufacturing systems are operational and functioning effectively.
- Recommends methods for improving worker effectiveness, safety, and quality; and reducing costs, including recommendations regarding restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow consistent with demand flow technology, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop Operational Method Sheets, training checklists, and training matrixes. Collaborates with the Safety Manager to identify and implement safe procedures and enhance ergonomics in the manufacturing process.
- Assists in design for manufacturability for new product development through participation on cross functional product design teams. Establishes production process procedures and measurement parameters for new products and processes. Provides marketing and engineering with cost of new, redesigned, and current products.
- Specifies design of equipment/tools to assist in new and existing production processes, and obtain quotes/bids for construction of equipment to submit with recommendations.
- Evaluates capital equipment investment options and prepares recommendations regarding purchases
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial technology or Industrial Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Three+ years of experience as a manufacturing or industrial engineer working with and improving manufacturing processes including cellular manufacturing and Demand Flow Technology
- Sheet metal fabrication and assembly experience desired
- CNC programming skills highly desirable.
For immediate consideration, apply online or email Lisa.Lindemann@nerinc.com