Seasonal Payroll Tax Compliance Coordinator
- Job Title
- Seasonal Payroll Tax Compliance Coordinator
- Job ID
- KINGWOOD, TX 77339-3802
- Other Location
Looking For a Great Opportunity?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 25 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 10 years running.
Seasonal Payroll Tax and Compliance Coordinator
Responsible for creating a “Wow” experience when interacting with external and internal customers by consistently exceeding expectations. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for providing administrative support to our Tax Compliance Team!
Under general supervision and little decision-making:
- Opens, date stamps and distributes all mail to appropriate area. Logs any tax notices received on spreadsheet and ensures appropriate desk is aware of time limitations for a response.
- Prepares and enters into employee's record all master file adjustments on a weekly basis.
- Handles correspondence from IRS for withholding compliance program. Includes entering filing status and allowances for employee as instructed by IRS and employee notification.
- Handles coordination of duplicate W-2 requests at year-end. Handles W-2 hotline all year and responds to all calls within three business days.
- Assists with filing paperwork associated with state and local income tax deposits and returns.
- Assists with garnishment activities by entering CA Franchise Tax Board levies in payroll system, sending appropriate notice to employee and filing appropriate paperwork with the agency.
- Assist with miscellaneous clerical duties and data entry.
- Assists in the accomplishment of Insperity Company goals.
- Helps other employees to accomplish Insperity Company goals.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by department supervisor.
- Participates in the Disaster Recovery plan as required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Associate's Degree in related field is preferred.
- One to two years of experience in related field is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment, familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.