Certified Medical Assistant – Southeast Office
- Job Title
- Certified Medical Assistant – Southeast Office
- Job ID
- Las Vegas, NV 89169
- Other Location
Nevada Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center (NKDHC) is the largest provider of dialysis products and services. With over 1,800 kidney dialysis clinics, we provide superior care to individuals with renal (kidney) disease. We are considered experts in the treatment of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), Acute Renal Failure (ARF), Kidney Transplantation and creating and maintaining accesses for dialysis therapies. Our company is a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. We are expanding and currently seeking Certified Medical Assistants to join our teams.
Certified Medical Assistant – Southeast Office - NKDHC
The Certified Medical Assistant will be responsible for performing general medical assistant functions in support of the care and treatment of patients while providing assistance to all office personnel as needed.
- Perform patient care activities, such as back office check-in, check-out, prescription refills, anemia management, procedure schedules and patient education.
- Schedule 24 hour blood pressure monitoring.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height, and medication list; record information in patients’ charts
- Draw patient’s blood.
- Notify physician of changes in patient’s clinical status and/or abnormal test results.
- Process medical record requests from patients, referring physician offices and attorneys.
- Complete clerical tasks including but not limited to distributing mail and reports, filing, scanning, scheduling, data input, answering phones and general support to all office personnel.
- Facilitate annual purging process of patient charts.
- Monitor dictation process by maintaining accurate dictation logs, ensuring physician review and signature, mailing report and scanning dictation into patient files.
- Mail recall and no-show letters to patients; follow up with patients and/or primary care physician as needed.
- EMR Scribes
- Patient Encounter Preparation
- Encounter Data Entry Preparation
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant and equivalent experience with excellent customer service and communication skills for interfacing with patients, staff, and outside vendors
- At least 2 years of front and back office experience preferred
- Ability to support a pleasant, positive and cooperative teamwork environment, as well as support our Company's Corporate Mission, Core Values and Vision required
- Ability to prioritize and use diplomacy skills coupled with the ability to multi-task and lift and/or move 20 pounds.
- Ability to use a stethoscope, computer, scanner, printer, telephone, fax and copier
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus
- Previous experience in Internal Medicine is also a plus
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.