- Job Title
- Scrum Master
- Job ID
- Franklin, TN 37067
- Other Location
Conexess Group is excited to be aiding a local client in their search for an experienced professional to join their IT Department as a Scrum Master. The ideal candidate will provide effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills as an Agile mentor to multiple teams. This is a full time position located in Franklin, TN and the manager for this position has been a valued partner with Conexess for several years.
- Support and educate the Product Owners and Tech Leads, especially in regards to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Serve as Agile Facilitator/Scrum Master for up to two or three Agile teams.
- Coach teams on the basics of Agile. Uphold Agile values and principles; facilitating Agile ceremonies.
- Focus teams to derive and deliver highest business value.
- Foster motivating culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate across other teams, informally and formally, i.e. Scrum of Scrums.
- Continuously improve iteration delivery, quality, and flow.
- Track and communicate health of iterations.
- Collect and utilize iteration metrics.
- Resolve and/or escalate impediments to help your team deliver.
- Serve as a filter to remove impediments to progress as identified by the team and shield team from external interference.
- Facilitate the team’s management resolution and escalation of blockers.
- Facilitate iteration structure with Agile Practices.
- Facilitate story level collaboration between tech teams and product owners.
- Develop high performing and self-organizing/refining teams.
- Enforce and defend the ‘rights’ of the team members.
- Ensure sustainable pace and optimize output.
- Other responsibilities may include facilitating daily scrums, sprint planning, demos, etc.
- Organizes and facilitates ceremonies, identifies improvement opportunities to optimize velocity and quality while mitigating risk. Tracks and communicates the overall team progress.
- Providing all support to the team whenever possible and leading by example. Foster close cooperation across all team members; encourages cross-training and team support.
- Ensure successful delivery of large and/or cross-functional product and business initiatives.
- Identify and evaluate tools for increased productivity, i.e., roadmap/sprint planning, communication, reporting, team performance, decision-making, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid understanding of software development and Dev/Ops
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and ability
- Great leadership by providing an objective, high energy and consistent work ethic
- Excellent decision making and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong formal presentation skills
- Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches and demonstrate value-add principals to the team
- Must be able to ensure Agile concepts and principles are adhered to, provide a voice of reason and authority, and make the tough call
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Ability to lead a team to self-organization
- Ability to interact with all levels of individuals, both internally and externally. This includes executive levels of management.
- Professional dress and demeanor
- Extensive experience leading IT teams.
- Proven education and knowledge/examples of Agile facilitation.
- 4+ years of experience in Agile coaching/training or as a Scrum Master.
- 3+ years of experience across Software Development Life Cycle phases, preferably leading Agile teams in various roles/capacities.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred, but NOT required.
- Certified Team Coach (CTC) or Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) a plus.
- Experience with resource planning and scheduling using work management tools (i.e., JIRA, Version One, Aha, MS Project, etc.).