Satellite Installation Technician
- Job Title
- Satellite Installation Technician
- Job ID
- Uvalde, TX
- Other Location
What do Satellite Installation Technicians do?
We’re MasTec Advanced Technologies and we’re looking for Satellite Installation Technicians to install, service and upgrade DIRECTV satellite systems. This is a great opportunity to put your experience in computers, electrical, maintenance, cable, military and customer service to work for a great company.
As a Satellite Installation Technician, sometimes you’re the ‘make it happen’ tech who gets families and businesses up and running with all the TV they love – up to 285+ channels. Some days you’re the ‘save the day’ tech, fixing the system if things go wrong and bringing the TV back (this is especially critical on game days or season finales). And on other days, you’re the ‘rainmaker’ tech, upgrading customers’ systems to maximize their DIRECTV experience. Seriously, you’re pretty much a hero.
Essential Responsibilities (a.k.a. A day in the life of a MasTec Satellite Installation Technicians):
You’ll coordinate schedules with customers, review their order and begin the installation. Once the system is installed, you’ll give customers a tour of their DIRECTV system to make the most of their new or upgraded service.
Installing the DIRECTV technology.
You’ll conduct site surveys to determine the best positioning of the equipment for strongest signal reception and formulate the wiring plan. You’ll place the mounts, dishes and receivers to ensure satellite connectivity.
If things go wrong, you’ll diagnose the issues, make repairs and replace or upgrade components – and get the TV back for customers.
What’s in it for you? Aside from a great place to work and rewarding feeling that you’ve made someone’s day, our company does provide our teams with excellent benefits! We offer:
- Competitive wages
- Five weeks of training
- Free DIRECTV for your own home
- High-quality tools to get you started
- Company-paid Galaxy Note 4 smart phone for business
- DIRECTV uniform, van and gas card
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match that’s 100% vested (that’s free money)
- Paid time off
- Highly independent work environment and uncapped income potential
- 80% of our Managers started as Techs – and there is a clear promotion path to Field Technician Supervisor and Site Manager.
Satellite Installation Technicians Qualifications:
Yes, there are some requirements. You must:
- Be able to lift 80 pounds and climb 40-foot ladders
- Be able to meet the 300 lb weight restrictions of our ladders (including approximately 25 lbs in a tool belt) to comply with OSHA and our Company safety standards
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Pass a pre-employment drug test, criminal background check and MVR (driving record) check
- Be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends or evenings
- Have basic computer skills
- A high school diploma or equivalent; college or technical school a plus
EAGER TO START YOUR NEW CAREER WITH MASTEC? Text the word Mastec to 713-322-4224 to get the interview process started!
About MasTec Advanced Technologies
MasTec Advanced Technologies is one of the largest DIRECTV installation and service companies in the United States, serving over 200,000 customers each month in single-family homes or local businesses. We currently operate in over 36 markets and 52 local offices nationwide to deliver the ultimate television viewing customer experience. Representing the face and/or brand of DIRECTV, our satellite technicians receive the highest level of support from senior level technicians and their management team.
MasTec Advanced Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.