Sr. Engineering Tech
- Job Title
- Sr. Engineering Tech
- Job ID
- Pittsfield, MA 01201
- Other Location
Sr. Engineering Tech
Our client is leading provider of cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. We have an immediate opening for a Senior Advanced Engineering Technician. This position provides an opportunity to further advance high-stakes national security missions.
In this position the Sr. Engineering Technician performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in developing process procedures, assembly instructions, process set-up, preventive maintenance and/or calibration tasks, as well as determining rework processes and quality testing or inspection related to the production of parts, components, subassembly's, and final assemblies. Uses sophisticated programs/software to author and issue work plans and/or collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. Determines and develops methods and procedures to execute control or modify the manufacturing process. This is a 6+ month contract position with likelihood to extend to other projects.
- Performs a variety of operations to assemble precision electromechanical products
- Performs tasks such as drilling, reaming, burnishing, and tapping; uses precision measuring instruments to ensure conformance to specified tolerances; disassembles precision assemblies and corrects malfunctions
- Performs a variety of equipment/process operations (electrical, testing, manufacturing, etc)
- Works from schematics diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform build, test, and troubleshooting functions
- Measures work piece with instruments such as electronic gauges and optical light, compares work piece dimensions with specifications to ascertain amount of stock to be removed and evaluates types of compounds, diamonds, and laps or material needed to achieve required specifications and set-up requirements
- Prepares and conditions surface of lap to achieve proper geometric form and tolerance per print and/or sketch requirements
- Applies compound to work piece and rubs lap across work piece with rotary or reciprocating motion, feeling friction and applying required pressure based on previous experience to attain specified tolerances
- Perform complex measurements to verify conformance to specifications
- Verifies, conformance of work to process requirements
- Manually handles parts where care is required to prevent surface defects such as nicks and scratches
- Design and draw sketches for tooling and laps to complete task required
- Promote continuous product improvement by conceptualizing and implementing new procedures, processes or fixtures
- Ability to work under a scope for long periods of time at 40x magnification
- Associate's degree in related discipline or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to read blueprints, sketches and drawings
- This position requires manual dexterity, good eyesight, as well as a great deal of concentration and patience
- Working knowledge of the theory, design characteristics, operation, and function of accelerometers and gyroscopes
- Experience working in an ISO/clean room/instrument or medical device manufacturing environment.
- Having a background in watchmaking considered a strong asset
- Previous experience in miniature precision devices is desirable
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
For immediate consideration, apply online or email Lisa.Lindemann@nerinc.com