Tier 1 Technical Support
- Job Title
- Tier 1 Technical Support
- Job ID
- MANSFIELD, TX 76063-2740
- Other Location
Tier 1 Technical Support
Under supervision of the Service Manager, provide technical hardware, software, and connectivity problem resolution to all client computers and users by diagnosing and walking users through step-by-step solutions in a call center environment; clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; assist engineers and technicians; troubleshoot printer problems; work with next level support to resolve complex issues; conduct hardware and software maintenance and reporting as needed; and perform related work as required. In-State travel required as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service and ownership of technical support issues.
- Leverage a variety of resources to effectively diagnose complex technical issues.
- Possess, maintain, and seek new technical/professional expertise.
- Provide appropriate responses and expectations in a timely and efficient manner.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Technical Support Analysts may be required to perform other job related duties as directed by a member of management to meet business needs and objectives.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Document internal procedures
- Automate, setup, and install workstations
- Assist with other field support calls where able
- Experience working with Microsoft PC hardware and software
- Installs/migrates software, hardware, and peripheral components such as operating systems, telecom, applications, monitors, keyboards, and printers
- Answers all levels of technical questions from users concerning browser setup and settings, hardware and software applications, telecom and general Inter/Intranet and website usage questions
- Coordinates software, hardware and system installation and changes with location staff to minimize equipment, resource and time scheduling conflicts
- Performs complex remedial actions to correct problems and ensures technical disaster recovery, system recovery, disk space analysis, system backups and recovery, system reboots and total overall system access
- 1-2 years of technical support experience providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software
- 1 year of experience installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment.
- A+ Certified highly preferred
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.