Sr. Logistics Analyst
- Job Title
- Sr. Logistics Analyst
- Job ID
- Minneapolis, MN 55404
- Other Location
Sr. Logistics Analyst
Our client is a leader in consumer product design, manufacture and distribution. In this capacity, you will performs analytical work within logistics, transportation, and related supply chains. Analysis may support developing alternative logistics plans, assist negotiating contracts, and coordinating operations. Work will be downtown Minneapolis in a newly renovated headquarters offering extremely modern and comfortable working space with onsite cafeteria. This is a 6 month contract position with opportunity to extend.
- Prepares, analyzes, and compiles complex freight payments and related reporting; reviews for efficiency and cost savings and makes appropriate recommendations. Collaborate with end users to interpret data results and analyze potential impact to the business.
- Assist with the implementation and configuration of TMS (Transportation Management System).
- Review current reporting processes to determine where automation improvements will drive efficiency.
- Create an improved data and reporting strategy by identifying project stakeholder goals, recognize data/system strengths and weaknesses, and prioritizing user needs.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis requests and develop, improve and implement various forecasts, KPIs/Metrics and reports within Supply Chain.
- Create and maintain a process that ensures the accuracy of master data that drives all departmental reporting. Establish standards and processes for continuous improvement in the accuracy of master data. Perform root-cause analysis for data issues, freight payment inaccuracies, internal cost allocation structures, etc.
- Provide analytical support to transportation bid events including creating multi-scenario bid result reporting
- Create and maintain a process to compile contracted rates for contracting and ad hoc reporting of contract rate compliance.
- Develop understanding and capability within the organization for process improvement and streamlined work processes through effective communication, training and coaching
- Examines invoices and shipping documents to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and contracts.
- Coordinates activities with other internal and external departments to monitor transactions and corresponding expenses and ensure the efficient flow of operations.
- Highlights discrepancies, reviews contracts and specifications, and attempts to solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, or equivalent education and experience.
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Expert-level skills with MS Excel and Access
- Six + years of related experience
- Domestic and international transportation and Applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Logistics principles and practices, Developing and analyzing logistics reports, Performing trends and operational analyses
- Operating within an ERP & TMS (Enterprise Resource Planning) environment – Oracle
- Previous experience with process improvement projects
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to interpret and apply data from a variety of sources
- Experience implementing, managing and supporting a transportation management system
For immediate consideration, apply online or email Brad.Coleman@nerinc.com