Mathematics Teacher (Intensive) Middle School
- Job Title
- Mathematics Teacher (Intensive) Middle School
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32218
- Other Location
Mathematics Teacher (Intensive) - Middle School
North Jacksonville, FL
Must have valid Florida Teaching Certification.
Create and maintain a positive classroom environment that generates high expectations and enthusiasm for learning by infusing critical thinking skills, application skills, interpersonal skills and the use of technology into an aligned curriculum and assessment process, resulting in measurable student achievement gains for all students.
- Possess knowledge of curriculum and Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (and/or Common Core Standards, as adopted) in the appropriate subject area.
- Utilize observation techniques for identification, ongoing re-evaluation and planning for students.
- Demonstrate mastery of all state competencies.
- Travel between multiple locations, providing services to students in both middle and high school.
- Foster students’ achievement gains from baseline assessment levels to be evident in pre/post-test comparison results, standardized test scores and portfolios.
- Initiate opportunities for professional development.
- Provide supplemental and differentiated instruction and intervention as necessary.
- Ensure that student records (e.g. grades in electronic grade-book) are accurate and updated and that parents have timely access to this information.
- Ensure that parents are kept updated through interim reports, phone calls, announcement boards and emails.
- Adhere to The Code of Ethics of the Education Professional in Florida as defined in State Board of Education Rule 6B – 1.001, FAC.
- Assist in data collection and preparation of reports including individualized educational plans of instruction for students.
- Take initiative to implement projects and programs and/or compensate for shortcomings within your classroom and/or the school environment.
- Take immediate action if there is any question that a student has violated any of the school’s policies or rules, and notify the Principal immediately if bullying or cyber-bullying is suspected
- Act as a role model within the community, participating in community outreach as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Required Skills