Lead Mechanical Engineer (Cockpit Electronics)
- Job Title
- Lead Mechanical Engineer (Cockpit Electronics)
- Job ID
- Canton, MI 48188
- Other Location
Title: Lead Mechanical Engineer (Cockpit Electronics)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
About our Client/Position
Our client is a global leader in products with complex mechanical elements. They are the number one supplier of information displays globally. They are also the fastest growing supplier for Head Up Display units. These types of products are extremely mechanically complex requiring a balance between thermal, optics, kinematics and structural performance. This position would be US based.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Interface with Customer and Supplier Engineering and Program Management teams.
- Lead team of engineers and designers including members located in offsite locations.
- Manage budget for program material costs and resources.
- Ensure all program deliverables and timing are met.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Work collectively with counterparts in Europe and Asia to share best practices, and develop common guidelines.
- Assist in fault finding as required.
- This position is in the US, but some flexibility for travel is important due to team location.
- This job is part of a global team, so some flexibility in dealing with discussions in multiple time zones required.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- A strong technical background in mechanical engineering of cockpit electronic products (Audio, Displays, Clusters, Head Up Displays).
- Evidence of high work output, and ability to meet tight deadlines will be needed.
- Demonstrable ability to develop solutions balancing thermal, optical, kinematics and structural performance.
- This job requires a person with strong communication as well as organizational skills.
- The job requires a person with the ability to guide, teach and prioritize.
- It is desirable for the candidate to have experience with automotive electronic products.
- It is desirable for the person to have experience with mechanical design elements such as molding, stamping, casting and decorative plastics.
- Direct experience with customer engagements.