Administrative and Marketing Assistant
- Job Title
- Administrative and Marketing Assistant
- Job ID
- Galveston, TX 77550
- Other Location
Mitchell Historic Properties, Inc. is a privately owned and operated company based in Galveston, Texas and part of Mitchell Family Corporation based in The Woodlands, Texas, oversees commercial and residential Galveston properties owned by the Mitchell family. These properties include three hotels – Hotel Galvez & Spa, The Tremont House and Harbor House Hotel & Marina as well as approximately one-fourth of the buildings in The Strand National Historic Landmark District and Pier 21 complex along Galveston’s historic harbor.
Administrative and Marketing Assistant
Salary range: $40K-43K annually, depending on experience
We seek an attentive, dependable and responsible individual who is attentive, possesses a professional appearance and pays close attention to detail.
- Greet all visitors, answer calls, maintain office supply inventory.
- Support Project Managers by creating purchase orders, preparing Authority for Expenditure (AFE’s), obtaining approvals and track purchases for 3 hotels, and communicate with vendors regarding payments and deliveries.
- Generate presentations and notes for projects meetings, and monthly and weekly meetings for both hotels/properties.
- Complete organizational tasks for buildings: create and update project binders, project meeting notes, and project agendas, keep General Manager and Project Manager’s calendars, contacts and general correspondence up to date.
- Process invoices for payment.
- Prepare check requests and track check run for accuracy.
- Keep detailed records and log project numbers for capital expenditures for all properties.
- Prepare Excel spreadsheets for Yearly Budget and 5 year Capital Plan meetings.
- Process all Change Order requests for construction projects.
- Run project errands to all buildings including the three hotels and other company properties and vendors as needed.
- Support office by maintaining, phone voicemail system, copier maintenance and correspond with company vendors.
- Collect absence reports from staff and prepare/submit monthly report to the General Manager and corporate office.
- Organize and update: physical and computer file systems, Project Manager’s files, interior samples, product library, project drawing flat files, project binders and project archive files.
- Develop, implement and seek approval of all budgets for advertising, marketing, all MHP related websites, social media, collateral, design software, PR and annual events.
- Generate Social Media posts for Mitchell Historic Properties, Saengerfest Park and Pier 21 pages.
- Maintain MHP related websites, social media posts, pres-room content and event calendars.
- Assist with special events, rentals of event spaces; and showings of retail spaces, office spaces and apartments as needed.
- Bachelor's degree; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook).
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop Acrobat).
- Working knowledge of Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest).
- Demonstrated ability to learn web design and management of computer software programs.
- Valid driver’s license required.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation, depending on experience, and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.