- Job Title
- Mechanical Designer
- Job ID
- Verona, VA 24482
- Other Location
Our client is a leader in technology advanced commercial HVAC products. They offer a challenging work environment and opportunity to lead the HVAC equipment industry. You will contribute to new product design and development using SolidWorks to design parts and assemblies, create production drawings, and manage parts list. This position is available due to company growth and expansion. This is a great opportunity with a leader in the HVAC product development space. Direct hire position in Verona, VA.
· Originate, develop or modify product designs from conception to finished manufacturing documentation assuring quality, manufacturability, functionality, serviceability, and cost has been considered.
· Creates engineering documentation including SolidWorks modeling, fabrication and purchase drawings
· Using some latitude of independent judgment and product knowledge translates engineering/marketing intent into easily understood manufacturing documentation.
· Develop original designs or adaptations of current products, requiring some HVAC industry specialized design drafting and experience.
· Work with Marketing/Sales to provide documentation for custom modifications of current products to meet weekly production schedules.
· Two Year Vocational/Technical Certificate or A.A.S. degree in design/drafting
· Show proficiency in working with SolidWorks or equivalent CAD systems.
· Three years of related design experience
· Experience in sheet metal design and/or HVAC products is desired.
· Demonstrate a good understanding of legacy bill of material systems and product structuring logic.
· Have a good understanding of manufacturing practices and processes and product configurations, including basic logic for product or design selection.
Relocation is available for well qualified candidates.
For immediate consideration apply online or email resume to Lisa.Lindemann@nerinc.com