Senior Financial Analyst
- Job Title
- Senior Financial Analyst
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20001
- Other Location
- Offsite - Pentagon - NCR
The work for this position will be performed on the Pentagon Reservation or within offices within the National Capitol Region.
- Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE) process.
- Coordinate Program Objectives Memorandum (POM) process.
- Coordinate the Budget Estimate Submission and Program and Budget (BES/PB) submission.
- Develop budget formulation and justifications.
- Develop options for maximizing resources in changeable budgetary and operating environments. Perform cost benefit evaluations of current or projected spending plans.Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of resource allocations in meeting established agency goals and objectives.
- Track, interpret, and assesses the effect of legislation on the client budget.Develop and coordinate the client position on draft legislation affecting the budget.
- Process, track and report commitments, obligations, and expenditures, including conducting mid- and end-of-year reviews of internal and external unfunded requests and resource reallocations.
- Collect and evaluate client financial data and other information concerning agency expenditures and revenues.
- Research and liquidate unliquidated obligations for up to five prior years in support of the Triennial Review process.
- Serve as the primary client point of contact for all travel-related funds management. Manage, analyze and report on funding aspects of the Defense Travel System (DTS) in accordance with program records requirements.
- Prepare funding documents (e.g., MIPRs, Interagency Agreements, fund sites).
- Process and track component requests for fund sites and Official Representation Funds.
- Develop, modify, update, and maintain auditable records databases.
- The contractor is required to be customer-service oriented, detail focused, flexible, innovative, pro- active, and able to succeed in a fast-paced, high pressure, defense and national security organization.
- Provide high-quality services and expertise to the client in the areas of resource management, human capital, leadership and organizational development,travel, facilities, and executive secretariat.
- Identify and institute innovative solutions for organizational challenges
- Other duties as assigned
This contractor is considered Key Personnel. The normal schedule is Monday through Friday, with core hours from 0900 to 1530. Contract employees may not start prior to 0700 and no later than 0900.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in resource management in a U.S.Government agency, including budget formulation, justification, and execution.
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a in a U.S. Government agency resource management environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a financial management field. The requirement that the Bachelor’s degree be in a financial management field need not apply if the proposed employee has a Master’s degree in a financial management field.
- An ACTIVE Top Secret (TS) clearance with SCI eligibility is required to start and throughout contract performance.
- Master’s Degree in a financial management field
- Membership in Defense Acquisition Corps (or its predecessor organizations), Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification, or DoD Financial Management certification
- Expertise using DoD financial activity systems, e.g., Enterprise Business Accountability System, Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI), Office of the Under Secretary of Defense Comptroller exhibits
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
15+ years' resource management in a government agency, including budget formulation, justification and execution; 5+ years' supervisory experience in a government agency resource management environment; Bachelor's degree in financial management OR a Master's degree in financial management with a different undergraduate degree; Active Top Secret (TS) clearance with SCI eligibility is required to start.