SALES ENGINEER – DALLAS OR HOUSTON
Please read this full description before applying. Qualified applicants will be contacted.
Please review carefully, then send resumes direct to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for reviewing full requirements first!
Support Sales staff by assessing potential customer opportunities to apply a viable solution that meet the needs of customers whiles ensuring.
Researches and presents reports showing potential customers the cost benefit of purchasing company products or services.
Provides technical training to clients and communicates customer feedback for future product
Uses technical knowledge of product offerings to support and build sales. Has knowledge of
commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within field.
Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with
potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and
organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting
with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service
applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes.
- Develops customer's staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation;
anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to
requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and
engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that
must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years’ recent sales engineer experience
- Excellent ability to analyze and solve problems
- Strong Microsoft Office, especially Excel, skills a must
- Experience with mapping tools such ESRI/ArcMap, Google Earth a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills a must
- Must be customer service driven with an upbeat and outgoing personality
- Must be proactive with excellent follow-through
- Work in a fast-paced environment as a liaison between Operations, Engineering and Sales
- Ability to communicate layer 1, layer 2 and layer 3 technologies
- Ensure order integrity via costs, delivery time lines and regular maintenance activities
- High school or equivalent diploma required
- Associates and Bachelor’s Degree a plus
Please send resume direct to email@example.com. Thanks!
Burrell Associates Executive Search (www.burrellassociates.com) is a well-respected, professional recruiting firm founded in 1986, has been retained for this company's confidential search. We specialize in placing professional candidates at all levels, executing with the strictest of confidentiality.