Systems/Network Engineer (Mid-Level)
Alexandria, VA (Mark Center)
TS/SCI Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are searching for a Systems/Network Engineer with an active TS/SCI Clearance to assist in troubleshooting and maintaining network connectivity for a newly awarded program for a DoD Customer in Alexandria, VA.
The Systems Engineer will provide expertise in the design, implementation, configuration, and optimization of Agency IT systems on the Unclassified (NIPRNet) and Classified (SIPRNet) networks. The engineer shall have the ability to apply technical knowledge of networks, operating systems, applications, and utilities to the Agency environment, as well as evaluate and determine computing resource requirements for ongoing and future Customer projects.
- Engineer, design, install, configure, and optimize IT systems.
- Provide system and engineering support for documented and approved projects and tasks.
- Ensure all engineered solutions are in compliance with DISA STIGs, DoD and Agency policies and standards.
- Ensure engineered solutions are designed to maintain highest availability and service dependability.
- Maintain existing and, as required, develop new documentation that will include but is not limited to SOPs and System Architecture Guides and Diagrams adhering to organizational templates, policies, and standards.
- Perform root cause analysis of critical outage and incidents, engineer permanent solutions, and coordinate implementation.
- Support the Agency PMO and EA during requirement analysis to develop technical solution option.
- Provide Customer management proposed configurations, optimizations, and system improvement plans.
- Work with the Agency PMO to establish and meet project milestones and deliverables. Ensure all solutions meet documented customer requirements and are within project scope.
- Follow all Customer Change Management and Engineering Review processes. Ensure changes are completed according to the project and/or release manager schedule.
- Work as part of a project team to engineer and develop migration plans for existing services ensuring minimal service interruption.
- Engineer and design hardware solutions as required to ensure capacity and availability of OIG services.
- Engineer, install, configure, optimize, support and design solutions that incorporate DoD security requirements such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Host Based Security System (HBSS).
- 5 years of experience in systems or network engineering
- Experience with Windows Server
- DoD 8570 IAT-II Certification
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost @novajobs @secretjobs #cisco #networkengineer #TACLANES