Data Conversion Specialist - Child Support System Modernization
- Job Title
- Data Conversion Specialist - Child Support System Modernization
- Job ID
- Carson City, NV 89714
- Other Location
Senior Programmer Analyst – Data Conversion Specialist
Child Support System Modernization
Carson City, NV
Do you want to work for a firm that really values the professional development and growth of their team with multiple projects and clients to offer future opportunities as well?
Would access to free training for industry and professional certifications motivate you?
If so, we want to talk to you!
Talent Orchard has been retained by a well-established IT solutions and services consulting firm in their search for a Senior Programmer Analyst – Data Conversion Specialist with specific experience in the state welfare domain centered on modernizing Child Support systems. The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Welfare and Supportive Services’ (DWSS’) child support enforcement program is undergoing a technology modernization initiative to replace the child support portion of the aged Nevada Operations of Multi-Automated Data Systems (NOMADS) application with modern technology. The opportunity is a long-term contract of up to 5 years and our client is willing to consider direct hire employees or contractors.
- Help to manage IV-D data conversions;
- Work with the Implementation team to facilitate smooth and timely data migrations;
- Collaborate with the Development team to ensure vast quantities of data can be moved into the system without effecting performance;
- Use creative techniques to compare data with conflicting data types and resolve issues;
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to verify correct conversion completion; and
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers.
- Conduct analysis of databases with the goal of producing the initial Data Mapping /Table Mapping for the Extract process;
- Create accurate code/scripts to Load the data into the target database;
- Develop data flow, application and ER diagrams and technical specifications
- Help to implement tools, scripts, queries or applications for accessing and analyzing data and migrating data;
- Write technical specifications for ETL processes or components; develop production migration steps and documentation;
- Perform unit and system integration testing;
- Document step-by-step guides of the entire process from running reports, to combining and tweaking data, to importing via the tool;
- Provide accurate conversion timelines;
- Create conversion manuals to instruct and guide team members;
- Weekly status reports to include, but not be limited to: Overall completion status of the project in terms of the approved project plan and schedule;
- Prior experience working hands-on with a State and Local Government Child Support Modernization effort (Strong preference is to have Child Support systems experience, however, the customer may be willing to consider experience with Benefits Eligibility Systems (BES), Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) or Medicaid Readiness.
- A minimum of five (5) years over the last eight (8) years working as a Senior Programmer Analyst using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies;
- Demonstrated experience in data conversion;
- Proficiency in data analysis functions including:
- Data modeling; ERD; Structured Query Language (SQL);
- Data quality; Data profiling; Extract-transform-load (ETL);
- Data Transformation Services (DTS) / Server integration services (SSIS) process and concepts;
- Metadata enrichment and management; and
- Data provenance and lineage.
- Experience with a solution based on the California Child Support Enforcement (CSE) system
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.