Application Support Manager - Child Support System Modernization
- Job Title
- Application Support Manager - Child Support System Modernization
- Job ID
- Carson City, NV 89714
- Other Location
Senior Programmer Analyst – Application Support Manager
Child Support System Modernization
Carson City, NV
Do you want to work for a firm that really values the professional development and growth of their team with multiple projects and clients to offer future opportunities as well?
Would access to free training for industry and professional certifications motivate you?
If so, we want to talk to you!
Talent Orchard has been retained by a well-established IT solutions and services consulting firm in their search for a Senior Programmer Analyst – Application Support Manager with specific experience in the state welfare domain centered on modernizing Child Support systems. The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Welfare and Supportive Services’ (DWSS’) child support enforcement program is undergoing a technology modernization initiative to replace the child support portion of the aged Nevada Operations of Multi-Automated Data Systems (NOMADS) application with modern technology. The opportunity is a long-term contract of up to 5 years and our client is willing to consider direct hire employees or contractors.
- Work with the Implementation team to facilitate smooth and timely software development
- Collaborate with the Development team to ensure that requirements are followed
- Proactively identify recurring and/or challenging issues and drive resolution with product development team to facilitate continuous improvement
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team
- Plan, execute, monitor and track progression of team goals and objectives
- Anticipate and respond to new demands, priorities, challenges and obstacles throughout the project; and effectively communicate with Project Managers.
- Deliver weekly reports and analysis to the leadership team including evaluation of overall performance, trend identification, and problem resolution and risk mitigation;
- Document the reports obtained from the team members and present them to the senior officials;
- Weekly status reports to include, but not be limited to:
- Overall completion status of the project in terms of the approved project plan and schedule;
- Problems that were encountered and proposed/actual resolutions;
- Prior experience working hands-on with a State and Local Government Child Support Modernization effort
- A BS Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science;
- At least five (5) years of experience in a direct team lead, supervisory or management role;
- Demonstrated ability and understanding in areas of application programming, database and system design;
- Experience with MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Planning, organization, critical thinking, training, mentoring, knowledge transfer, best practices, industry standards, and problem solving skills.
- Experience managing the following technologies: J2EE – SQL – DB2 - Spring MVC – Maven - Gradle and HTML5
- Experience with a solution based on the California Child Support Enforcement (CSE) system
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.