Application Architect- Child Support System Modernization
- Job Title
- Application Architect- Child Support System Modernization
- Job ID
- Carson City, NV 89714
- Other Location
Senior Programmer Analyst – Application Architect
Child Support System Modernization
Carson City, NV
Do you want to work for a firm that really values the professional development and growth of their team with multiple projects and clients to offer future opportunities as well?
Would access to free training for industry and professional certifications motivate you?
If so, we want to talk to you!
Talent Orchard has been retained by a well-established IT solutions and services consulting firm in their search for a Senior Programmer Analyst – Application Architect with specific experience in the state welfare domain centered on modernizing Child Support systems. The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Welfare and Supportive Services’ (DWSS’) child support enforcement program is undergoing a technology modernization initiative to replace the child support portion of the aged Nevada Operations of Multi-Automated Data Systems (NOMADS) application with modern technology. The opportunity is a long-term contract of up to 5 years and our client is willing to consider direct hire employees or contractors.
- Main task will be to monitor the whole system, understand all interactions between components on a given level of abstraction, participating in the system design creation, as well as to define limitations and requirements for source code;
- Understand application interfaces and available connections between components;
- Anticipate and respond to new demands, priorities, challenges and obstacles from the Project Managers;
- Recognize technologies, standards and limitations, which are used to create the application;
- Work with the Implementation team to facilitate smooth and timely software development;
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team; and effectively communicate with Project Managers.
- Identify, monitor and evaluate key metrics to ensure health and progress of application development;
- Document the reports obtained from the team members and present them to the senior officials;
- Examine existing frameworks and prepare for the needs of the future; and
- Weekly status reports to include, but not be limited to:
- Overall completion status of the project in terms of the approved project plan and schedule;
- Problems that were encountered and proposed/actual resolutions;
- Prior experience working hands-on with a State and Local Government Child Support Modernization effort (Strong preference is to have Child Support systems experience, however, the customer may be willing to consider experience with Benefits Eligibility Systems (BES), Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) or Medicaid Readiness.
- A BS Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science;
- At least five (5) years of experience as Application Architect;
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of the key technologies which form the infrastructure necessary to effectively support existing and future business requirements, ensures that all hardware and software comply with baseline requirements and standards before being integrated into the business environment, understands and is able to develop technical standards and procedures to facilitate the use of new technologies, develops useful guidelines for using and applying new technologies;
- Demonstrated understanding in areas of application programming, database and system design;
- Experience with MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Experience managing the following technologies: J2EE – SQL – DB2 - Spring MVC – Maven - Gradle and HTML5
- Experience with a solution based on the California Child Support Enforcement (CSE) system
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.