Functional Testing Lead - Child Support System Modernization
- Job Title
- Functional Testing Lead - Child Support System Modernization
- Job ID
- Carson City, NV 89714
- Other Location
Senior Programmer Analyst – Functional Testing Lead
Child Support System Modernization
Carson City, NV
Do you want to work for a firm that really values the professional development and growth of their team with multiple projects and clients to offer future opportunities as well?
Would access to free training for industry and professional certifications motivate you?
If so, we want to talk to you!
Talent Orchard has been retained by a well-established IT solutions and services consulting firm in their search for a Senior Programmer Analyst – Functional Testing Lead with specific experience in the state welfare domain centered on modernizing Child Support systems. The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Welfare and Supportive Services’ (DWSS’) child support enforcement program is undergoing a technology modernization initiative to replace the child support portion of the aged Nevada Operations of Multi-Automated Data Systems (NOMADS) application with modern technology. The opportunity is a long-term contract of up to 5 years and our client is willing to consider direct hire employees or contractors.
- Provide a progressively versioned and traceable User Acceptance Test Management Plan for Project and archival use;
- Prepare and distribute Weekly and Monthly Progress Reports detailing current and planned activities;
- Prepare and deliver Risk Analysis Reports as needed; include problem statement and solution analysis;
- Upon successful execution of the Test Management Plan, review and update all functional testing documentation and provide to State staff for archival use; and
- Provide a Project Summary; inclusive of suggested “Best Practices” and “Lessons Learned”.
- Validation of code promote parameters (original and defect promotes);
- Mainframe vs. Server and Systems Configuration
- Experience with Defect / Bug tracking processes and/or systems (e.g. – Bugzilla);
- Consults and contributes to the resolution of defects uncovered during UAT (Triage participant);
- Ability to recognize and report testing risks; provide solution based analysis;
- Demonstrated skills in preparing a variety of reports; and
- Ability to maintain performance through a series of deadlines and performance indicators.
- Data provenance and lineage.
- Prior experience working hands-on with a State and Local Government Child Support Modernization effort (Strong preference is to have Child Support systems experience, however, the customer may be willing to consider experience with Benefits Eligibility Systems (BES), Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) or Medicaid Readiness.
- A minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible professional experience in managing all aspects related to executing both functional and business components of a User Acceptance Test plan, inclusive of creating test cases and scenarios based on system requirements and design documentation. This experience must include a working knowledge of the system technical parameters and at least one year of experience applying recognized data processing concepts to business process planning and analysis.
- The ability to work in close collaboration with both State IS Testing staff and the Technical Test Lead. The consultant will report to the Project Test Manager and will be responsible for completing the Functional components of User Acceptance Testing, (UAT) inclusive of but not limited to the following skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency in building professional collaborations;
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and writing;
- Ability to clearly document training materials, policies, standards and procedures;
- Experience in mentoring, training and knowledge transfer;
- Ability to execute the functional aspects of a test plan;
- Skills in clearly demonstrating tasks to other test staff;
- Ability to facilitate smooth and timely code / process promotes to test environments
- Experience with a solution based on the California Child Support Enforcement (CSE) system
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #UAT #functionaltestlead