- Job Title
- Production Supervisor
- Job ID
- Staunton, VA 24482
- Other Location
Our customer is a leader in the HVAC industry, and currently seeking 3 experienced Production Supervisors. This is primarily a day shift position, and supervisors here rotate to work 8 weeks / year on second shift. We are looking for candidates with a drive to excel in a rapidly growing manufacturing environment. Advancement opportunities exist for these roles. These positions are all available due to company expansion. The supervisors in these roles lead production employees in the manufacture of technologically advanced HVAC parts and equipment for the commercial and residential markets. In this role, you will be responsible a team of about 10-30 production employees. These are direct hire positions. First shift run from 7am – 3:30 pm and second shift is 3:30am-12midnight.
- Monitors production activities to eliminate delays and ensure adherence to production and shipping schedules.
- Assists in carrying out production objectives at the lowest cost, consistent with the organization's quality requirements.
- Assures safety and product quality while improving production procedures.
- Coordinates work flow with the various departments involve
- Reports damaged and defective equipment to management.
- Trains other employees in day to day procedures.
- Maintains quality/quantity standards regarding output.
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Plans flow of materials through department according to work orders.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products that fail to meet standards.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Assists with capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
- Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree and at least three years of manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Experience in Union setting highly desired.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Experience supervising 15-40 employees in a manufacturing setting including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
For immediate consideration apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org