Scala/ Big Data Developer
- Job Title
- Scala/ Big Data Developer
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 97201
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
***Unable to work C2C****
Conexess Group is aiding a Portland based client in their search for a Scala/Big Data Developer. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, and is always looking to further their personal knowledge and expertise. This is a long term opportunity offering a competitive compensation package.
- Design, document, and implement data lake and data stream processing.
- Support the testing, deployment, and support of data processes.
- Benchmark systems, analyze bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them.
- Articulate and align fellow teams to data process designs.
- Big Data stack experience: Spark, Kafka, HBase, Hive, MongoDB
- Proficiency in Scala is preferred, as Scala is used both in the Big Data stack and in stand alone modules (Web Services)
- Candidates with proficiency in Java or Python, with some functional/Scala experience, with extensive Big Data stack experience will be considered
- Experience architecting and deploying highly scalable distributed systems
- Microservice experience is desirable
- A test automation focus expected
- Experience across the full software lifecycle; have a DevOps mindset
- Experience working with build pipelines is desirable
- Experience with an iterative approach to coding is desirable
- Experience working on Linux systems
- Experience using standard SDLC tools like Jira, Git, Jenkins etc.