Electrical / Firmware Engineer
- Job Title
- Electrical / Firmware Engineer
- Job ID
- Minneapolis, MN 55432
- Other Location
Electrical / Firmware Engineer – Direct Hire
Our client design and develops temperature sensing, controlling, and heating electronics as well as flexible circuits for a wide variety of applications from aerospace and defense, medical devices and more.
The Electrical Design Engineer in this role works on new Sensor and Instrumentation products. This is a direct hire position, offers competitive benefits and, a competitive wage and opportunities for continuous improvement and personal growth. Located on the northern side of Minneapolis / St. Paul.
- Develop embedded systems utilizing 8,16, and 32 bit microcontrollers
- Create electrical schematics and oversee/review PCB layouts
- Develop embedded system firmware in C
- Create design documentation including BOMs, assembly instructions, schematics, drawings, design specifications, validation and verification plans and reports
- Implement USB, RS232, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, and other communication interfaces
- Perform debugging and validation testing of hardware and firmware
- Perform and manage regulatory requirements including UL, FM, IEC, EMC, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in embedded software/firmware development
- Experience programming in C/C++ for interrupt driven designs and real-time applications
- Experience with 8, 16 and 32-bit microcontrollers. PIC microcontrollers a plus
- Experience interfacing sensors, keypads, and LED/LCD displays to microcontrollers
- Experience with agency regulations, such as UL and CE
- Ability to carry a design task from concept to implementation
- Ability to create engineering requirements, test plans, and test for product conformance
- Ability to troubleshoot code and hardware
- Mechanical Design experience a plus
- Knowledge of PID control, isolation techniques, low power electronics, wireless implementation, filter design, and power supply design
- Experience writing software using VB.net, VB
- Excellent computer skills; Familiarity with Altium, PCAD, MPLAB, Visual Studio, Subversion
For immediate consideration apply online or email Brad.Coleman@nerinc.com
This position requires use of information or access to hardware and software which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the definition of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.