Business Analyst - Child Support System Modernization
Carson City, NV
Do you want to work for a firm that really values the professional development and growth of their team with multiple projects and clients to offer future opportunities as well?
Would access to free training for industry and professional certifications motivate you?
If so, we want to talk to you!
Talent Orchard has been retained by a well-established IT solutions and services firm in their search for a Business Analyst with specific experience in the state welfare domain centered on modernizing Child Support systems. The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Welfare and Supportive Services’ (DWSS) child support enforcement program is undergoing a technology modernization initiative to replace the child support portion of the aged Nevada Operations of Multi-Automated Data Systems (NOMADS) application with modern technology. The opportunity is a long-term contract of up to 5 years and our client is willing to consider direct hire employees or contractors.
- Consult and contribute to the resolution of conflicts uncovered during the project lifecycle.
- Prepare and update as required, their parts of the Project Plan, which must be submitted to and approved by the State Project Manager and the Implementation vendor;
- In conjunction with State staff and the Project Manager; assist in gathering, publishing and implementing a dynamic Business Functional Requirements Document and plan; indexing it to established project timelines;
- Research analyze and evaluate Federal and State statutes, regulations, and policies;
- Report findings and make recommendations to management;
- Coordinate with Information Systems staff in the development and maintenance of program computer systems;
- Identify and provide input on IS issues and policy impact with respect to those issues;
- Act as a liaison between CSEP and the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement;
- Coordinate the process of defining and requesting IS access for State CSEP staff;
- Ensure quality services are delivered to the community;
- Participate in statewide program planning, development and implementation; and
- Participate in development of program budget and monitoring program expenditures
- In partnership with Requirements staff, provide progressively versioned and traceable System Requirements documentation;
- Prepare and distribute weekly and monthly progress reports detailing current and planned activities;
- Prepare and deliver Risk Analysis Reports as needed; include problem statement and solution analysis;
- Provide a Project Summary; inclusive of suggested “Best Practices” and “Lessons Learned”.
- Prior experience working hands-on with a State and Local Government Child Support Modernization effort (Strong preference is to have Child Support systems experience, however, the customer may be willing to consider experience with Benefits Eligibility Systems (BES), Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) or Medicaid Readiness.
- A minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible professional experience in providing social services to clients or program development and evaluation which required the application of regulations, laws, policies and procedures in making determinations
- Ability to work in close collaboration with both State and Contract staff as part of the Project Management Team. The consultants will report to the State Project Director or Child Support Program Chief and are responsible for completing the assigned duties as described Section XX, Scope of Work
- Demonstrated proficiency in building professional collaborations;
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and writing;
- Ability to clearly document training materials, policies, standards and procedures
- Ability to clearly describe relationships between business processes and automated systems
- The ability to facilitate smooth and timely publication of projects documents;
- The ability to consult and contribute to the resolution of conflicts uncovered during the program/project lifecycle;
- The ability to recognize and report project/program risks; provide solution based analysis;
- Demonstrated skills in preparing a variety of reports; and
- The ability to maintain performance through a series of deadlines and performance indicators.
- Experience with solution based on the California Child Support Enforcement (CSE) system
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @nevadajobs #cjpost #welfaresystems #DWSS @carsoncityjobs @SLGjobs #NVDHHS #childsupportsystem #businessanalyst #BA #softwarerequirements #systemrequirements