Business Analyst - Child Support System Modernization
Carson City, NV
Do you want to work for a firm that really values the professional development and growth of their team with multiple projects and clients to offer future opportunities as well?
Would access to free training for industry and professional certifications motivate you?
If so, we want to talk to you!
Talent Orchard has been retained by a well-established IT solutions and services firm in their search for a Business Analyst with specific experience in the state welfare domain centered on modernizing Child Support systems. The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Welfare and Supportive Services’ (DWSS) child support enforcement program is undergoing a technology modernization initiative to replace the child support portion of the aged Nevada Operations of Multi-Automated Data Systems (NOMADS) application with modern technology. The opportunity is a long-term contract of up to 5 years and our client is willing to consider direct hire employees or contractors.
- Consult and contribute to the resolution of conflicts uncovered during the project lifecycle.
- Prepare and update as required, their parts of the Project Plan, which must be submitted to and approved by the State Project Manager and the Implementation vendor;
- In conjunction with State staff and the Project Manager; assist in gathering, publishing and implementing a dynamic Business Functional Requirements Document and plan; indexing it to established project timelines;
- Identify and provide documentation of the protocols needed to perform tracking of functional and business requirements as part of the transition from development to testing;
- Assist in the establishment and publication of standards for tracing requirements and testing documentation;
- Identify tasks to establish use cases to be used by test staff in their development of a test plan and scenarios;
- Identify software to assist in the project documentation process; and
- Identify the protocols that benefit the functional and business requirements.
- In partnership with Requirements staff, provide progressively versioned and traceable System Requirements documentation;
- Prepare and distribute weekly and monthly progress reports detailing current and planned activities;
- Prepare and deliver Risk Analysis Reports as needed; include problem statement and solution analysis;
- Upon successful acceptance of systems requirements documentation, review and update approved changes as submitted by the Project Manager; and
- Provide a Project Summary; inclusive of suggested “Best Practices” and “Lessons Learned”.
- Prior experience working hands-on with a State and Local Government Child Support Modernization effort (Strong preference is to have Child Support systems experience, however, the customer may be willing to consider experience with Benefits Eligibility Systems (BES), Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) or Medicaid Readiness.)
- (7) years as Business Analyst
- (3) years progressively responsible professional experience in managing all aspects related to capturing the functional, non-functional and business requirements included in Project Plans, inclusive of creating use cases and scenarios used in demonstrating system requirements and design concepts
- (1) year of experience applying recognized data processing concepts to business process planning and analysis
- Current Project Management Institute (PMI) certifications to include:
- CAPM or PMI-BPA certification
- PMI-ACP certification
- Expert–level competency using MS Project 2016 both as a stand-alone and SharePoint;
- Advanced understanding of MS SharePoint
- Ability to identify and update project tasks and resources;
- Demonstrated proficiency in building professional collaborations.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and writing.
- Ability to clearly document training materials, policies, standards and procedures.
- Experience in mentoring, training and knowledge transfer.
- Ability to clearly describe relationships between business processes and automated systems.
- Ability to facilitate smooth and timely publication of projects documents.
- General knowledge of code promotion processes as related to requirements of:
- Clear understanding of Mainframe vs. Server
- Understanding of Systems Configuration
- Ability to recognize and report project risks; provide solution based analysis.
- Demonstrated skills in preparing a variety of reports.
- Ability to maintain performance through a series of deadlines and performance indicators.
- Knowledge of and experience applying Organizational Change Management (OCM) principals.
- Experience working with Business Functional Requirements Documents and Business Process Planning
- Traceable System Requirements documentation experience
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @nevadajobs #cjpost #welfaresystems #DWSS @carsoncityjobs @SLGjobs #NVDHHS #childsupportsystem #businessanalyst #BA #softwarerequirements #systemrequirements