Document/Technical Writer - Child Support System Modernization
Carson City, NV
Do you want to work for a firm that really values the professional development and growth of their team with multiple projects and clients to offer future opportunities as well?
Would access to free training for industry and professional certifications motivate you?
If so, we want to talk to you!
Talent Orchard has been retained by a well-established IT solutions and services firm in their search for a Document/Technical Writer with specific experience in the state welfare domain centered on modernizing Child Support systems. The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Welfare and Supportive Services’ (DWSS) child support enforcement program is undergoing a technology modernization initiative to replace the child support portion of the aged Nevada Operations of Multi-Automated Data Systems (NOMADS) application with modern technology. The opportunity is a long-term contract of up to 5 years and our client will consider direct hire employees or contractors.
- Prepare and update as required, their parts of the Project Plan, which must be submitted to and approved by the Project Manager;
- Prepare versioned and traceable documentation of policies, standards and procedures;
- Convert information compiled from existing documentation and undocumented institutional knowledge into policies, standards, procedures, technical architecture design; technical and functional flow diagrams and other technical artifacts;
- Work in close collaboration with State staff. This individual will report to a State IT Manager.
- Work with internal teams on product and documentation requirements;
- Maintain agendas and document results of interviews, meetings and follow-up items;
- Clearly document policies, standards and procedures;
- Follow State documentation and publication standards;
- Produce high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience; and
- Upon successful acceptance of any Project documentation, review and update approved changes as submitted by the Project Manager
- Create progress reports detailing current and planned activities and bi-weekly status reports to include, but not be limited to:
- Overall completion status of the project in terms of the approved project plan and schedule;
- Problems that were encountered and proposed/actual resolutions;
- Issues that need to be addressed;
- Accomplishments during the period; and
- Activities to be accomplished during the next reporting period
- Prior experience working hands-on with a State and Local Government Child Support Modernization effort Strong preference is to have Child Support systems experience, however, the customer may be willing to consider experience with Benefits Eligibility Systems (BES), Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) or Medicaid Readiness.
- A minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible professional experience in determining and documenting required policies, standards, procedures and business best-practices with technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas;
- System Administration
- System administration of enterprise server environments;
- System administration of enterprise desktop environments; and
- Identity management
- Enterprise application testing;
- Automated testing tools;
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC); and Software Development
- Enterprise Security
- Enterprise security concepts and best practices;
- Database security concepts and best practices;
- Application security concepts and best practices; and
- Identity management
- High availability; and
- Disaster recovery
- Proficiency in diagraming and documenting technical architecture
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Expert-level experience with MS Visio
- Advanced level experience using MS SharePoint, Adobe Reader, Adobe DC, Adobe Acrobat
- Experience working collaboratively with developers, system administrators, support engineers, requirements and testing staff
- Experience with converting information compiled from existing documentation and undocumented institutional knowledge into policies, standards, procedures, technical architecture design; technical and functional flow diagrams and other technical artifacts
- Ability to clearly describe relationships between business processes and automated systems
- Ability to maintain agendas and document results of interviews, meetings and follow-up items
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to analyze, distill, and communicate results and recommendations;
- Should be proficient in diagraming and documenting technical architecture
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @nevadajobs #cjpost #welfaresystems #DWSS @carsoncityjobs @SLGjobs #NVDHHS #childsupportsystem #testmanager #automatedtesting #testlead #CSE #UAT