Team Lead/Technical Test Lead - Child Support System Modernization
Carson City, NV
Do you want to work for a firm that really values the professional development and growth of their team with multiple projects and clients to offer future opportunities as well?
Would access to free training for industry and professional certifications motivate you?
If so, we want to talk to you!
Talent Orchard has been retained by a well-established IT solutions and services firm in their search for a Team Lead/Technical Test Lead with specific experience in the state welfare domain centered on modernizing Child Support systems. The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Welfare and Supportive Services’ (DWSS) child support enforcement program is undergoing a technology modernization initiative to replace the child support portion of the aged Nevada Operations of Multi-Automated Data Systems (NOMADS) application with modern technology. The opportunity is a long-term contract of up to 5 years and our client is willing to consider direct hire employees or contractors
- Prepares and updates as required, their parts of a User Acceptance Test Management plan for the project which must be submitted to and approved by the Test Manager and Implementation Vendor;
- Works in close collaboration with both State IS testing staff and the Functional Test Lead.
- Reports to the Project Test Manager and is responsible for completing the Technical components of User Acceptance Testing, (UAT) inclusive of but not limited to the following skills and abilities:
- Consults and contributes to the resolution of defects uncovered during UAT (Triage participant)
- Recognizes and reports testing risks; provide solution based analysis.
- Ability to maintain performance through a series of deadlines and performance indicators.
- In conjunction with State staff, the Project Test Manager and the Technical Test Lead, develop, publish and implement a dynamic Functional User Acceptance Test plan; index it to timelines, scenarios and test cases;
- Identify and provide documentation of the protocols needed to perform functional, quality assurance and regression tests and tracking, as part of User Acceptance Testing;
- Establish automated regression testing using current automated testing solutions;
- Verify that errors logged during UAT are used to develop additional automated test cases for regression testing;
- Establish and publish the standards for test case preparation, performing and documenting testing activities, identifying and tracking application defects, prioritizing defects as critical, major, or minor, and for reporting on the number and types of defects and their correction;
- Identify tasks to establish a test environment and scripts for the distribution test cases and provide for regression testing against the distribution test cases;
- Identify software to assist in the testing and test result-tracking process;
- Identify the protocols to test the hardware and infrastructure configuration; and
- Execute the approved Test Management Plan successfully.
- Prior experience working hands-on with a State and Local Government Child Support Modernization effort (Strong preference is to have Child Support systems experience, however, the customer may be willing to consider experience with Benefits Eligibility Systems (BES), Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) or Medicaid Readiness.)
- A minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible professional experience in managing all aspects related to executing the technical components of a User Acceptance Test plan, inclusive of creating test cases and scenarios based on system requirements and design documentation.
- Knowledge of system related business practices and at least one year of experience applying recognized data processing concepts to business process planning and analysis
- Experience establishing automated regression testing using current automated testing solutions
- Experience developing, publishing and implementing a dynamic Functional User Acceptance Test plan; indexing it to timelines, scenarios and test cases
- Ability to execute the functional and technical aspects of a test plan
- Must have experience with Selenium, Squash, and/or related automated testing tools
- Defect / Bug tracking processes and/or systems (e.g. – Bugzilla)
- Experience in mentoring, training and knowledge transfer
- Skilled in clearly demonstrating tasks to other test staff
- Identify software to assist in the testing and test result-tracking process
- Establish and publish the standards for test case preparation, performing and documenting testing activities, identifying and tracking application defects, prioritizing defects as critical, major, or minor, and for reporting on the number and types of defects and their correction
- Execute the approved Test Management Plan successfully
- Recognize and report project risks, provide solution based analysis, prepare Risk Analysis reports
- Provide "Best Practices" and "Lessons Learned"
- Ability to facilitate smooth and timely code / process promotes to test environments.
- Ability to provide validation of code promote parameters (original and defect promotes)
- Knowledge of Mainframe vs. Server
- Knowledge of Systems Configuration
- Experience with solution based on the California Child Support Enforcement (CSE) system
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @nevadajobs #cjpost #welfaresystems #DWSS @carsoncityjobs @SLGjobs #NVDHHS #childsupportsystem #testmanager #automatedtesting #testlead #CSE #UAT