Home Care Registered Nurse, Full Time
- Job Title
- Home Care Registered Nurse, Full Time
- Job ID
- Lexington, KY
- Other Location
Job Description: Evaluates the patient's comprehensive health care needs in the home environment and implements an appropriate plan according to those needs utilizing physician, community resources and the patient's support system. Utilizes critical thinking skills related to the home care of the patient and coordinates the physician ordered plan of care. Provides skilled nursing procedures and assessments and instructs patients and families in the care of the patient.
1. One year of experience as a registered nurse in a healthcare setting. Home care experience preferred.
2. Current Kentucky license as a registered nurse. Additional state licensure may be required depending on the counties served.
3. Bachelor of Science in Nursing, preferred
4. Current Kentucky drivers license
5. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support
Baptist Health Home Care's experienced nurses, therapists and other health professionals provide the expert, compassionate home care that makes a difference to people who are recovering at home or have a chronic medical condition. As a Medicare- and Medicaid-certified in-home healthcare agency that is also accredited by the Joint Commission, we provide the highest level of care including skilled nursing, and occupational and physical therapy.
Baptist Home Health Care skilled services are provided by licensed professionals and prescribed by a physician. Skilled homecare services are an affordable alternative to facility or hospital care and can include:
- Home infusion (fluid and medication IV management) and chemotherapy
- Diabetes education and self-management support
- Specialized care for those with heart disease or heart failure or for those recovering from cardiac surgery
- Private duty nursing services
- Hospice care
- Specialized care including mental health and pediatric care
- Physical and speech therapy and rehabilitation
Are you looking for a rewarding career at Baptist Health in an area or role that you did not see listed? If so, please check out all of our system wide openings by clicking here.