- Job Title
- Data Architect
- Job ID
- Troy, MI 48083
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
- Logical and Physical Data model design (using Erwin) working collaboratively with Enterprise Data Architects.
- Design, model, organize, and execute technical data constructs within AFDW.
- Lead activities related to maintaining metadata, integration of data, and data governance.
- Coordinate, support and troubleshoot Data Warehouse Infrastructure including activities such as environment buildout, database sizing, develop and maintain data quality checks.
- Develop Performance test plan and tuning of the data components.
- Define security, backup procedures, and recovery specifications
- Provide support throughout the project cycle to ensure development of efficient data systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies (i.e. design reviews, architect reviews).
- Promote adherence to design standards and methodologies.
- Mentor team members on database best practices.
- Mandatory 10+ years overall IT experience
- Must have 5+ years of experience in database technologies, data design and performance optimization for large OLAP applications.
- Excellent PL/SQL skills
- Experience in data modeling (logical and physical), data management, metadata and reference data management.
- Experience with ODS data architecture and staging strategy.
- Experience with Entity Relationship Modeling tools (ERWin modeling software preferred).
- Experience in performing data mapping lineage (knowledge of Business Glossary and Metadata Workbench preferred).
- Owns the authoring and coordination to deliver key data specific documentation including the AFDW data dictionary.
- Ability to work in a large, complex business and technical environment Provide input to planning activities to estimate effort to complete sprint planning and execution tasks/activities.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Fast starter, effectively delivers with limited supervision.
- Must have excellent communication skills written as well as verbal; must be able to articulate the value proposition of Warehouse solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both the business and technical teams.
- Preferred Finance or Automotive Industry experience.
- Experience in Agile / SCRUM (with sprints) methodologies.
- Experience with Version One and Blue Print requirement management tools as well as HP Quality Center testing tool.
- Experience with ETL tools preferably DataStage.
- Experience with Data Vault.