Sr. Electrical Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr. Electrical Engineer
- Job ID
- Minneapolis, MN 55404
- Other Location
Sr. Electrical Engineer - Minneapolis
The Sr. Electrical Engineer in this role will be a leader on the hardware team within the new product development group. Engineer in this role will also support both new product development and existing electronics products. We are looking for a candidate who will be the go to resource for electrical hardware and software engineering teams who has experience with electronics design, layout, test, validation and analysis who has experience end to end from concept to launch and post launch support. You will be a crucial player in product development and this role could go down the technical lead / management path if desired. This is a contract to direct hire position with a world-wide leader in consumer products, located in a state of the art facility in down-town Minneapolis.
- Individual contributor and team lead in managing work for self and others
- Analyze product requirements for feasibility, manufacturability, development timeline, and product and capital cost requirements.
- Lead electrical engineering team members on new product design and development projects including electronics design, layout, test, validation and analysis
- Guide, mentor and groom less experienced team members and offshore resources
- In this role, you will work in all stages of development from new product ideation all the way through launch and sustaining activities.
- Create or revise schematics, BOM’s, printed circuit board (PCB) assemblies, embedded software and execute engineering change orders (ECO’s) in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agency approvals such as FCC, CE, UL
- Schematic and layout for printed circuit boards (PCB)
- Spice (10 flavors-simulation and analysis)
- High speed digital micro controllers
- Memory interfacing
- Work with and lead inside and/or outside resources in the design, development, prototyping, and testing of new circuit board, software, and applications
- Direct engineering testing to ensure that newly designed items are properly tested.
- BSEE minimum, MSEE nice to have
- 8 or more years of experience in related a related electrical engineer role
- Full lifecycle Electrical Engineering design / test experience
- Experienced generalist with a wide breadth of experience in electronics design, schematics, BOM’s, PCB’s etc.
- Knowledgeable of RF, high speed digital and analog front end
- Ability to design, develop, and test electrical systems
- Six-Sigma experience considered a plus.
- SPICE simulation and Electrical CAD skills
For immediate consideration, apply online or email Lisa.Lindemann@nerinc.com