- Job Title
- Job ID
- Minneapolis, MN
- Other Location
Immediate for an Inspector for a leading Minnesota manufacturer of products and services that include contract machining, aluminum die casting, and screw machining.
This is a 1st Shift position working at their main facility in Minneapolis MN.
The Inspector checks and inspects in-coming materials, in-process, and finished products, ensuring conformance to company quality standards and customer specifications.
- May provide receiving, in-process and final inspection for quality, appearance and performance of complicated equipment, instruments or products, or of diversified parts and assemblies using precision testing equipment.
- Interpret detailed blueprints, work orders, engineering specifications, and routing sheets to determine production standards and tolerance limits.
- Test finished products for dimensions, fit, surface finish, and appearance.
- Complete all required records and paperwork to include inspection reports, non-conforming material tags, and return material notices.
- Analyze inspection results and assist in addressing and resolving production problems causing deviations from existing standards.
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- May be required to devise unusual measuring or gauging set-ups.
- May make periodic spot checks of variety of parts in progress for adherence to specifications.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of related Mechanical Inspection experience in a manufacturing environment
- Detailed understanding of inspection methods, mechanical inspection, and gauging tools
- Strong surface plate experience and blueprint reading with GD&T
- CMM experience is a plus
Call Mike for details at 763-561-1061, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org