- Job Title
- Material Handler
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN
- Other Location
Leading defense contractor has an immediate need for a Material Handler. This is a 3-month contract to direct hire position. After 3-months of work, candidate is eligible to be hired as a direct employee. This is a first shift position; working at our customer’s facility located in the Bloomington, MN. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required.
DUTIES AND TASKS:
The Material Handler position performs a combination of stocking, cycle counting, data verification, and picking and issuing material from various material crib locations to manufacturing production floors. Must be able to perform in a dynamic high paced manufacturing environment and manage changing priorities as assigned by manufacturing lead.
- Pick and package small electronic components and hardware material for delivery to manufacturing production floor.
- Stock material using a random stocking process.
- Count material by hand, electronic scale, and/or tape and reel counter.
- Must have experience with computerized or automated systems to accomplish tasks.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
- Candidates must be willing to work over 40 hours per week, as needed, and be able to stand on their feet for long periods of time.
- Possesses necessary computer skills to proficiently handle routine tasks
- Communicates clearly with coworkers, planners, material managers, and internal customers
- Identifies material shortages and support problem solving resolution
- Coordinates and prioritizes individual daily activities
- Supports continuous improvement activities
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of material planning, control and inventory methodology
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good customer service skills
- Good collaboration skills
- Knowledge of the enterprise software and associated data
- Ability to recognize and meet schedule priorities
- Knowledge of Government / Customer Property Control
- Ability to track, expedite, and pick material shortages to the manufacturing floor
- Ability to complete work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognize the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow established procedures on routine work, only requiring specific instructions on new assignments
Contact Mike for details at 763-561-1061, email resume to email@example.com