- Job Title
- Medical Receptionist
- Job ID
- Lafayette, LA 70508
- Other Location
Job Purpose: The Patient Concierge is the first point of contact for patients, and family members in the Comprehensive and Imaging centers.
- Greet patients and families.
- Answer center telephones, distribute faxes, and prepare customer files.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Receive and correctly record receipts of patient payments.
- Enter, verify and update patient demographic and insurance information.
- Obtain insurance verifications (VOB), pre-authorizations and pre-determinations.
- Process requests for records from outside sources.
- Scan data into document imaging software.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends), as necessary.
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
- Valid Driver’s license & reliable transportation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience accessing and updating an EMR system.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- One year of office experience preferred.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia