Commercial Roofing Superintendent - Jacksonville, FL
- Job Title
- Commercial Roofing Superintendent - Jacksonville, FL
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Other Location
Career Opportunity for a Roofing/Construction Professional
SBA, HUBZone General Contractor, is looking for another motivated and talented individual to serve as Roofing Project Superintendent on construction projects in the Jacksonville, FL, and surrounding area. Some travel may be required. The primary responsibility will be to supervise the field roof construction operations for projects awarded and to complete the work on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship detailed in the award specification.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities of Roofing Project Superintendent:
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge commercial and institutional roofing best practices, scheduling and workmanship.
- Have working knowledge of following roof type installations: BUR, modified bitumen, single-ply, metal and shingles.
- Provide leadership to field personnel, establish and maintain effective communication with all company personnel involved with in a project.
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the contract award, the contract drawings, and specifications.
- Plan, review and implement the construction submittals including schedules (milestones), quality control procedures, safety and security practices, layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower.
- Coordinate, direct, monitor and inspect the activities of the field personnel and suppliers of materials to ensure compliance with the specification.
- Cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies.
- Conduct weekly safety meetings with field personnel.
- Generate Daily Production and Quality Control Reports annotating work done, labor and material employed throughout projects.
- Resolve onsite problems and coordinate with project manager for best construction improvements or corrections.
- Responsible for the health and safety of people who work on our projects. STOP WORK AUTHORITY AT ALL TIMES.
- Must have at least 5 years of commercial roofing experience. Commercial roofing superintendent experience is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to read construction blueprints and site drawings.
- Have an understanding of three phase construction processes and method.
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office Suite to include; MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Adobe Acrobat
Certificates & Licenses:
- All Site Safety and Health Officers are required to have an up to date CPR/AED certificate or be willing and able to receive one through paid training.
- ALL Site Safety and Health Officers are required to have OSHA 30-hr Certificate or be willing and able to achieve passing test score through paid training.
- Applicant MUST possess a valid driver's license, current vehicle registration and reliable transportation is a job requirement. Motor vehicle record checks will be performed.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Candidate MUST QUALIFY for DOD BIBS with background check. Validation will be conducted on licenses and certifications.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Benefits (after probationary period):
-Company Sponsored Education
-Paid Vacation and Federal Holidays
-Company Contribution to Health/Dental Insurance
-Vision Insurance offered
-Paid Life Insurance up to $50,000
-40-hour work week
-Company-supplied work mobile phone
- Required Skills
All Site Safety and Health Officers are required to have an up to date CPR/AED certificate or be willing and able to receive one through paid training.
ALL Site Safety and Health Officers are required to have OSHA 30-hr Certificate or be willing and able to achieve passing test score through paid training.
Applicant MUST possess a valid driver's license, current vehicle registration and reliable transportation is a job requirement. Motor vehicle record checks will be performed.