Senior Electrical Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Electrical Engineer
- Job ID
- Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Other Location
Sr. Electrical Engineer-R&D
Our customer is a leader in medical device innovation and provides both diagnostic and interventional capital equipment to the medical device industry. This is a medium sized, growing company with an innovative company culture. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and test of electrical circuits, motor control devices, sensors, switches and other electrical equipment components for next generation products. Direct Hire position in the SW Twin Cities.
- Designs, develops, prototypes, measures, modifies and tests cost-effective electrical systems as part of electromechanical equipment development. Specification and qualification of new electrical designs.
- Designs, models, implements, and tests electrical circuits for DC brushless motor control.
- Utilizes knowledge of electronics to understand the interdependencies/design constraints resulting in reliable designs.
- Design For: Quality, Reliability, Serviceability, Manufacturability, Test and Product Cost while meeting the needs of the customer.
- Develop tests for design verification and validation for electromechanical products. Perform design verification activities.
- Design, build, verify and document manufacturing test fixtures.
- Simulation of circuits and systems as appropriate to assure product performance.
- Rigorous documentation, including design specifications, verification test plans, project schedules and change orders associated with medical devices.
- Create & maintain project plans, coordinates project activities, set/adhere to milestones, manage concurrent projects.
- Perform work in adherence to the Quality Management System (QMS), including development and maintenance of documentation.
- Ensures product meets requirements regulated by FDA, UL, IEC, CE and other governing bodies.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of electrical engineering experience
- Experience with hardware development through full product lifecycle
- Experience with DC brushless motor control design
- Experienced in schematic capture and printed circuit board layout using Altium Designer, PADS or equivalent
- Familiarity with development and debug tools. Demonstrated ability to use a multi-meter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, and logic analyzer
- 3+ years medical device industry experience
- Familiarity with embedded systems, microprocessors, and communication protocols
- Understanding of EMI and UL requirements.
- Experienced in the design of experiments, data analysis, statistical methods and presentation of results.
For immediate consideration apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org