Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Job ID
- Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Other Location
Senior Mechanical Engineer-R&D
Our customer is a leader in medical device innovation and provides both diagnostic and interventional capital equipment to the medical device industry. This is a medium sized, growing company with an innovative company culture; they promote from within and grow employees offering multiple potential career paths. In this position, you would be focused on developing their next generation equipment and accessories. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who enjoys mentoring and coaching others. Direct Hire position in the SW Twin Cities.
- Designs, develops, prototypes, and tests cost-effective mechanical hardware as part of electromechanical equipment development
- Utilizes knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes to understand the interdependencies/design constraints resulting in reliable designs
- Design For: Quality, Reliability, Serviceability, Manufacturability, Test and Product Cost while meeting the needs of the customer.
- Develop tests for design verification and validation for electromechanical products. Perform design verification activities.
- Diagnose the causes of system failures and specify solutions.
- Rigorous documentation for all phases of product development, including design specifications, verification test plans, CAD models, drawings, and change orders associated with medical devices and accessories.
- Create & maintain project plans, coordinates project activities, set/adhere to milestones, manage concurrent projects
- Perform work in adherence to the Quality Management System (QMS), including development and maintenance of documentation
- Ensures product meets requirements regulated by FDA, UL, IEC, CE and other governing bodies
- BS Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering
- 5+ years experience as a design engineer developing electromechanical equipment
- Working knowledge of finite element analysis, tolerance analysis, and geometric tolerances
- Experience with design of injection molded, sheet metal and machined components
- Proficient in Solid Works, including drawing creation
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Experience in a regulated medical device industry
- Familiar with actuators and/or pump design including screw drives, peri pumps, and motor controls/sizing, various valve types (check, pinch, piston, shear, etc.)
- Knowledge of QSR, ISO/EN and Quality System Standards
- Familiar with use of 3D printing and design
For immediate consideration apply online or email email@example.com