Sr. Systems Admin/DevOps Specialist - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Systems Admin/DevOps Specialist - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Systems Admin/DevOps Specialist
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
We are seeking a Sr. Sys. Admin/DevOps Specialist for our client in Ann Arbor, MI. There are a full-service development consulting firm with offices in the US & overseas.
Candidates should have at least 5 years of demonstrated hands-on experience. The Senior Systems Administrator should be a leader and doer who constantly delivers great solutions for both clients and internal initiatives. This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- A minimum of 3 years supporting Desktop Operating Systems (Win 7, Win 10, Mac OS).
- Familiar with various server-side technologies like HAproxy, Nginx, Apache, Postfix, Bind, SSH, etc.
- Familiar and able to maintain tools like Gitlab, Wikimedia, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Experience in designing and maintaining cloud-based solutions with AWS.
- Experience in network management, DNS management, switches configuration, VLAN, VPN, security and best practices, etc.
- Experience in setup, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) based and Windows-based servers are a must.
- 2+ years configuring and supporting Linux and Windows Servers in a production environment.
- A grasp of industry best practices with regard to backups, network security, patch management, monitoring, documentation, etc.
- A strong customer service presence, and an unwavering commitment to quality of service and follow-through.
- An ability, willingness, and desire to learn and embrace new, unfamiliar and/or emerging technologies which may best address changing business needs.
- Experience with DevOps tools like Ansible, Docker, Gitlab CI, and Jenkins.
The desired skills and experiences that the ideal candidate shall possess include:
- Experience of managing Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, DFS and Windows Server in the domain environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux systems (CentOS/Ubuntu) and have the ability to systematically isolate problems using machine resident tools.
- Experience with Cisco router, 3-layer switch, wireless AP and Juniper firewall is a plus.
- Experience with virtualization is a plus.
- Ability to automate daily system management tasks by writing Python or Shell scripting.