- Job Title
- Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI, MI 48301
- Other Location
The Business Analyst will be responsible for leading the efforts to define requirements and develop solutions. We are looking for a self-starter with experience writing business requirements and running
development efforts. As part of a growing company and team, the role requires strong leadership and forward thinking in order to deliver valuable solutions to automotive retail.
The Business Analyst will work with product leaders, client relationship managers, development teams, QA, operations and integrated business partners through the entire software lifecycle, from initial
conceptual design, through development and testing and into production support.
(Define Solutions & Document Requirements)
* Gather business requirements via proactive communication and collaboration with partners, clients, industry and internal experts. Understand business processes and business needs.
* Document business requirements and specifications, including functional requirements, flow charts, process descriptions, use cases, user stories and data specifications.
* Design solutions, plan new products and enhancements to existing products. Collaborate with business and technical resources internally and externally to design solutions that meet market needs.
* Compile analysis of competing solutions in the market.
* Prepare business case including market needs, competitive analysis, solution cost and return on investment.
* Serve as the conduit between the business unit and the software development team.
* Project management - Ensure the on time release of deliverables by coordinating schedules with implementation teams, DMS partners, other partners and clients. Implementation teams may
include project managers, client implementation managers, development managers, business analysts, QA, release deployment managers and relationship managers.
* Coordinate deliverables into partner roadmaps and company internal roadmaps.
* Perform Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing. Define and review test plans.
* Demonstrate functionality to internal teams, partner teams, clients and prospective clients.
* Monitor usage, gather feedback and proactively identify opportunities for improvement, including writing new requirements for fixes, enhancements and new functionality.
* Responsible for solution success and monitor/report on key usage metrics and coordinate and manage efforts to maximize company revenue.
* Troubleshooting & subject matter expertise with production issues.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
* Ability to understand technology and business process and how the two are dependent upon one another for solution delivery
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
* Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office * Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
* Bachelor degree in Business or Computer Science preferred.
* 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst developing business requirements, process flows, and program charters and/or statements of work.
* Experience running client meetings for gathering requirements, managing projects, collaborating on solutions and resolving issues.
* Excellent teamwork skills.
* Ability to work with and interact with other departments throughout the organization.
* Experience is in Auto Industry is a plus