Windows DevOps Engineer
- Job Title
- Windows DevOps Engineer
- Job ID
- Charlotte , NC
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Window DevOps Engineer
The real-time market data team designs and develops systems that provide real-time market data and calculations for trading and risk systems throughout the enterprise. We are in need of a Windows specialist\DevOps to add to its growing team. The Windows\DevOps Engineer will have a strong technical background including a combination of both development engineering and IT skillsets and is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing environment issues, and developing the monitoring solutions and tools which will automate daily operational activities. This is a primarily windows server environment. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, able to work independently and juggle multiple tasks. The individual must be able to identify problems before they happen, dig deep for root causes and implement solutions that prevent future occurrences. This role will require that the individual hit the ground running and will usually require coordination between and across multiple development and IT support teams. The ideal candidate will have experience with high volume low latency large scale reliable solutions, well familiar with multicast and TCP/IP systems as well as be able to troubleshoot and evaluate best windows configuration including network card configuration changes.
- Providing expert system troubleshooting, analysis and problem solving across platform and applications and will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues.
- Develops and provides technical documentation and training materials for Level I-2 support teams (production operations).
- Works closely with developers to ensure a successful release to QA and production environment.
- Pro-actively looks for ways to enhance the functionality, reliability, operation of the platform.
- Defines system and service configurations, installation and support strategies of system components (at both site and enterprise levels) for implementation and maintenance support.
- Builds and manages state-of-the-art monitoring and log analysis tools providing teams with insights into the health and performance of our servers.
- Solid understanding and experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems.
- Experience in financial services with a strong technology background.
- Strong hardware and software diagnostic skills.
- Operating system proficiency in Microsoft IIS experience and ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders and peers.
- Demonstrated expert problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Bachelors of Science in related Information Technology field (e.g. Computer Science, Information technology etc.) or experience in financial services with a strong technology background
Additional Desired Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, or Kanban)
- Experience with cloud vendors such as AWS and their components
- Experience working with Continuous Integration Systems Passion, positive attitude, engagement and desire to take over challenging assignments as part of a team, making things WORK Ability to function across a geographically diverse team.