Select your position below
- Job Title
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75013
- Other Location
- Ten years' experience as a Registered Professional Land Surveyor and five years' experience as a RPLS on TxDOT project and engineering design surveys. Experience with site development, municipal projects, and oil and gas pipeline a plus.
- Texas Registered Professional Land Surveyor license.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Department of Transportation (DOT) sensitive positions subject to annual and random drug testing.
- English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to common or sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write presentations using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to employees, management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
- Mathematical skills: ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning skills: ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.). Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient personal computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, MicroStation, Trimble, AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or GEOPAK preferred.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple clients and tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Heavy physical activity performing strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical nature. Intermittently, sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials. Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours a day when working in office.
- Ability to stand and walk up to ten hours per day. Intermittently, ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to traverse uneven terrain and climb over or crawl under obstacles. Ability to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop.
- Ability to hear and talk to communicate and give verbal direction.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus; depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds regularly and 50 pounds occasionally.
Please select the position above that you want to apply under or just create a profile. You will be assigned a username and password, which will allow you to come back and update your information or resume. There will be a couple of fields to enter your information and then you will see a list of general questions about job requirements and your surveying experience. Answering these questions is not required, but will better assist SPS in matching you with available job opportunities. The last field will require you to upload your resume to our database. Now you are ready to click the save button. You will receive two emails upon submittal that will contain your username, password and profile links. A representative with SPS will contact you to review your profile, experience, and job needs.