Acquisition Program Manager
- Job Title
- Acquisition Program Manager
- Job ID
- Beavercreek, OH 45431
- Other Location
- Offsite - WPAFB
The Acquisition Program Manager shall accomplish acquisition program management tasks as required to support day-to-day operations. The acquisition program manager shall be capable of independently performing the most complicated and technical administrative tasks described below. Travel without restrictions is required to support all mission requirements including participation in program meetings at both Government and contractor locations.
- Apply understanding in the application of acquisition management initiatives such as buying commercial items, Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) items, Commercial Practices, Earn Value Management System (EVMS), Evolutionary Acquisition and Agile Acquisition of the Integrated Defense Acquisition, Technology and Logistics Life Cycle Management System and Acquisition Streamlining.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and managing critical aspects of the development, production, and/or deployment of systems, subsystems, and equipment.
- Show understanding of DoD acquisition processes and analytical methods and techniques to gather, analyze, and evaluate information required by program/project managers and customers.
- Understand current Air Force acquisition regulations, guidelines and processes in order to apply program management expertise to integrate communicate, coordinate organize and plan technical and acquisition efforts across a broad spectrum of functional disciplines to effectively assist in the implementation of program mission.
- Support the acquisition program management full lifecycle requirements of systems, subsystems, and equipment throughout the case life cycles.
- Arrange and support various program actions such as meeting attendance; meeting minutes; milestone planning, tracking, and scheduling; briefing preparation; staff coordination; risk management plan and strategy development and integration; and decision documentation preparation.
- Develop and prepare briefings in the required format for approval by the Government Program Manager to provide program status.
- Assist with development of documentation and funding requirements leading to program implementation.
- Lead role in identifying and resolving any program management issues.
- Assist in the review of documentation for programmatic considerations and issues and shall assist in recommending solutions or improvements.
- Support the Program office with development and review of Should Cost/Will Cost Estimates and programming of funds for POM submission into the FYDP. The Acquisition Program Manager shall assist in preparing plans and documentation required to participate in the Material Development Decision (MDD), pre/post Acquisition Strategy Panels (ASPs), and the Milestone A, B and C decision processes (DoDI 5000.2). The Acquisition Program Manager shall be required to sign Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) prior to assisting in the development of pre and post-award documentation supporting source selection activities including requests for proposal (RFPs), Statements of Objectives (SOOs), Performance Work Statements (PWSs), and Statements of Work (SOWs). Under a signed NDA, the Acquisition Program Manager may also review proposals of prime Contractors and their subcontractors, and present recommendations to the Government for use in technical evaluations. However, the Acquisition Program Manager personnel shall not serve as a voting member on the source selection board.
- Interface and coordinate with lateral Wright Patterson organizations, i.e. headquarters, major commands, aircraft wings/squadrons, test agencies and Air Force Centers or other external agencies as required in order to accomplish assigned tasks.
A Senior Labor category has over 10 years of experience and a Bachelor's Degree.
- Must obtain and maintain a government security clearance at the required level.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other standard (Customer specified) applications.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
Minimum 10 years' experience and a Bachelor's degree