Strategic Sourcing Consultant
- Job Title
- Strategic Sourcing Consultant
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 20003
- Other Location
- Offsite - Pentagon
- Advise and assist in implementing industry strategic sourcing best-practices, to include demand management, supplier relationship management (SRM), customer relationship management (CRM), demand planning, market intelligence, spend analysis, and change management.
- Provide expertise in demand planning, spend analysis, change management and market intelligence.
- Support education of the AF workforce on strategic sourcing tools and methods. This support shall include developing training materials, facilitation of training workshops, preparation of briefings for training events, and expert advice on shortfalls within the AF workforce, relative to knowledge of the strategic sourcing process.
- Support instituting strategic sourcing within the AF enterprise. This assistance shall involve providing Major Commands and Commodity Councils with specialized products/services, lessons-learned from activities within industry and the Federal government, and expert advice on future opportunities for implementing strategic sourcing.
- Support consolidation of metrics/reports/status of strategic sourcing activities from across the AF enterprise, and reporting such data to internal and external stakeholders at the AF, Department of Defense, and Federal government levels.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and customers.
- Follow policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
- Attend work each day during scheduled work hours unless on approved travel or time off.
- Perform occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required
- Work flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Some travel may be required.
- Work is in the Pentagon
- Must have a bachelor's degree with 2-4 years' experience. A Master's degree preferred.
- Air Force operational and/or acquisition, Contracting/contract management and experience with Business Management Systems.
- obtain and maintain a government/DoD security clearance at the appropriate level
- be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), Microsoft Internet Explorer and other standard (Customer specified) applications.)
- be able to transport self to various facility sites, as required. If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years' experience