The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER FULL TIME -GLENDALE, AZ
- Job Title
- SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER FULL TIME -GLENDALE, AZ
- Job ID
- Glendale, AZ
- Other Location
Futures Education of The Futures Healthcore (Futures) is seeking a special education/inclusion teacher to provide academic services to our students with special needs. Futures Education is seeking motivated staff that is committed to the belief that all children can learn, no exceptions. This Position is an immediate need!
Provide direct support to students in a classroom by delivering instruction and ensuring learning through a variety of teaching models and strategies.
· Ensure appropriate accommodations to the curriculum, lessons and learning environment. Instruction can be provided within the regular classroom setting, resource setting, or small classroom setting.
· Design classroom activities and lessons with multiple levels so that all students both meet their IEP goals, as well as access the general education curriculum.
· Formally and informally assess the student learning (rather than relying solely on standardized curriculum) to create a comprehensive learning program.
· Set high expectations that are suitable for the students. Assessments may be differentiated based on each individual education plan. This may require developing alternative assessments.
· Work collaboratively with General Education teachers, the grade-level team, and other staff, to plan, share student work and ensure that instruction is aligned with identified common core curriculum and standards.
· To promote respect for others.
• Individual must possess a Bachelor's degree; Master's Preferred from an accredited college or university, a valid cross-categorical special education teaching certificate or proof of eligibility, and the ability to fulfill requirements to be Highly Qualified under NCLB.
- Experience in dealing with Severe Behaviors
To apply for this Special Education Teacher position in Glendale, AZ. please contact Chris McDaniels @ 413-349-4077 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Required Skills
Individual must possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, a valid cross-categorical special education teaching certificate or proof of eligibility, and the ability to fulfill requirements to be Highly Qualified under NCLB.
Applicant must also possess or apply for a current DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card upon hire.