- Job Title
- Buyer II
- Job ID
- Minneapolis, MN
- Other Location
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique talent acquisition consulting firm, has been retained under contract by a Federal Systems Integrator to recruit an experienced Buyer/Procurement Analyst for a critical program in Minneapolis, MN. This will be a 1-year contract with potential to extend after the said duration or conversion in to full time employment based on the business needs.
This Buyer II position is responsible for prototype procurements at our client location. Activities include request for proposals/quotes, analyzing costs, determine the right source of supply writing a price and/or cost analysis, leading negotiations, and placing compliant purchase orders according to internal procedures and FAR/DFAR regulations. This individual will also manage supplier's performance to ensure parts are delivered on time per the required need date.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience Required: Purchasing Experience
- Education Required: Associates Degree or 4 years of purchasing experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal customers and suppliers.
- Organization skills to effectively manage timelines, customer requirements and workload prioritization
- Ability to perform effectively and independently
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Ability to effectively manage job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information, processes and tools
- Analyzing quotes and writing a detailed price/cost analysis.
- Preparing reports and contractual correspondence
Skill and Experience Preferred:
- Experience purchasing for new development work Experience with Government Contracting Knowledge regarding FAR
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.