- Job Title
- Installation Apprentice
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
The Installation Apprentice is responsible for assisting the installation mechanic in the service, repair and maintenance of HVAC equipment. Initiative, tact and integrity are essential to achieving departmental and corporate goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to work with all personnel levels, customers and suppliers, being proactive in building customer relations.
- Be willing to function in a team environment, maintaining efficiency, promoting safety, maintaining company image and improving personal skills.
- Purchase of all hand tools for the efficient installation of any residential or light commercial a/c equipment or duct system is required.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings, training sessions and off hours training classes as required to maintain up to date information. Be familiar with and adhere to company policies as specified in the employee handbook.
- Communicate effectively with lead man. Complete in a neat and orderly manner all required paperwork pertaining to each job. Turn in all required paperwork timely and legible fashion.
- Maintain and report parts inventory sheets. Obtain and keep in good working condition required personal tools as per list. Take responsibility for condition of any company owned and supplied tools including but not limited to: step ladders, extension ladders, electrically powered tools of any kind, etc. When assigned to be a designated driver of a vehicle, be responsible for maintaining the vehicle in a clean, safe and proper running condition.
- Develop thorough knowledge through training and work experience for the complete installation of HVAC systems and fabrication of ductwork that meet or exceed code requirements. This includes: ability to install roof top package units without supervision, including all sheet metal, gas piping, electrical, and thermostat control systems; ability to layout and fabricate sheet metal transitions and straight duct; ability to perform all high voltage hook-ups on residential and light commercial equipment; and ability to perform all low voltage hook-ups on residential and light commercial equipment, including zone control systems.
- Develop knowledge of building codes pertaining to the installation of duct systems, gas piping, electrical control circuits, and condensate drainage systems.
- Support corporate goals, mission and vision.
Education and Experience Requirements:
EPA Refrigerant license.
- Must possess and maintain valid, clean state driver's license and the ability to drive all types of vehicles in the corporate fleet.
- Required to have the proper installation tools for the efficient installation of any residential or commercial a/c equipment or duct system is required. Refrigerant gauges, torches, multi meter, tubing cutters, screwdrivers, pliers, wire strippers, cordless drill, hammer, flash lights, etc.
- Required to be able to braze copper tubing, evacuate systems and wire high and low voltage circuits on HVAC units.
- Understand electrical wiring diagrams.
- Duct board fabrication and installation experience.
- Ability to work in high, open places.
- Retain the ability to regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Basic knowledge of blueprints and mechanics.
- Possess good vision (either naturally or with correction).
- Maintain tidy appearance and energetic attitude, report to work on time, practice safety always, and make your work area cleaner, neater than when you arrived.
- Required Skills
Heat and Air