Corporate Project Manager - Jacksonville, FL
- Job Title
- Corporate Project Manager - Jacksonville, FL
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Other Location
CORPORATE PROJECT MANAGER
The Project Manager will oversee all aspects of project management for small to large-scale government construction projects at military installations , with an emphasis on roofing projects. He/ she will be in charge of coordinating, managing and executing the government's requirements starting from RFP to project closeout. He/ she will work closely with, and lead, the Quality Control Managers and Superintendents assigned to their projects. The Project Manager will need to develop working relationships with the customer's construction managers as well as with principal staff at subcontracting firms. Additionally, the Project Manager will be responsible for developing accurate project schedules and budgets to be able to monitor on-going job costs and progress.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend pre-bid meetings and have the ability to comprehend a written scope of work, drawings and CSI specifications
- Prepare/ review/ track construction submittals, by CSI divisions
- Prepare/update progress schedules using Primavera or P3/ P6
- Prepare/ update project budgets
- Attend pre-construction and progress meetings
- Communicate and provide/receive documentation with field superintendents
- Limited , but occasional reimbursed travel
- Plan and maintain multiple projects' construction schedules
- Maintain relationships with clients, subcontractors, designers and consultants
- Negotiate competitive pricing with suppliers and subcontractors
- Manage staff of Quality Control Managers, Safety Officers and Project Superintendents
- Ideal candidates will have at a minimum, a BS Degree in Engineering or Construction Management and 10-15 years minimum of construction experience. Progressively responsible professional work related experience, education or training may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for education.
- Candidate must have a strong working knowledge in MS Office or Primavera/P6.
- Previous experience with NAVY or USACE Government construction projects, as a Prime Contractor is MANDATORY.
- Must have experience understanding Government contract requirements
- Must have experience creating, reviewing and submitting Navy/USACE submittals (APP, CQC, EPP, AHA's, Submittal Registers)
- Must have experience creating and submitting baseline, cost loaded schedules.
- Must have experience in Design/ build projects that require submitting staged submittals (50%/7 5%/ 100%).
- Experienced with pre-construction activities such as project design review and estimating
- Ability to review and understand construction contract and drawings/ plans
- Ability to create subcontractor scopes of work and manage subcontracts
- Communicate with project teams to insure company project goals are met
- Maintain positive relationships with our clients, architects, engineers and subcontractors
- Understand construction accounting and project budget management
- Have experience and an understanding of all RFI, submittal, and change order requirements
- Must pass a full background check, drug screen and hold a valid driver's license with limited infractions
Must be able to obtain Department of Defense security clearance and pass a background check.
QCM Certification ECAITS
CPR AED First Aid
Must maintain the physical condition necessary to perform tasks in an office setting; operating a computer, keyboard, and other equipment; safely drive an automobile; and walk stand and climb distances in construction settings in order to inspect the progress of assigned projects. Must be able to climb a ladder and stair scaffold.
- On-Site Superintendents
- On-Site Quality Control Managers/Site Safety & Health Officers
- Required Skills
Previous experience with NAVY or USACE Government construction projects, as a Prime Contractor is MANDATORY